Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 01:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Setting my first goals!

Well, here it is, 2 days before Thanksgiving and it is SOOOOO SLOW at work! I'm getting pretty bored so I've decided to set some goals instead of snacking!

I'm starting right now (having lost my first 6 pounds) at 229. I would like to be at 215 by my birthday (12/18) and 210 by new years.
On the longer term I want to be getting around 180ish by the end of March so I can look and feel great at the next big wedding I have to go to.

I'm going to accomplish these goals by:
*Writing in my food journal every day
*Thinking before I eat...every time I eat
*Making enough time in my week/days to prepare healthy meals and to sit down and enjoy them instead of eating on the run
*Not eating crappy takeout with my co-workers
*avoiding the office chocolate bowl at all costs
*making sure that there is at least 30 minutes of physical activity in my life every day, whether its a walk at lunch, or going to the gym etc.
*cutting back on alcoholic beverage consumption when out with friends or at work events

Wow...those are some long winded goals! Wish me luck girls!
Old 11-21-2006, 04:50 PM   #2  

Good luck! Those are great goals!

How do you do your food journal? I do mine in excel. Seems to easier then those fancy programs, for me anyway.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #3  

I do mine in excel too....much simpler!
Old 11-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #4  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Those are great goals. You will surprize yourself by doing those few things you mentioned how better you will feel and how the weight will drop off.

TwoPeasInAPod
Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #5  

Default Goals Update!!!

Well lets see...its Monday again...and the Monday after a major food holiday and I'm excited that I get to report good news! I've stuck with my food journal and for the most part stayed within the my range for calorie intake...I was over a couple of days by 100-200 calories but with it being a holiday I don't think that's too bad. I didn't go out at all on my long weekend off from work, did no excessive drinking or partying.
I was able to look back on the days that I was over in calories and realized that on those days were the days that I was consuming mostly carbs so this week I'll be working on trying to better balance protein and fiber etc. I also incorporated a multivitamin in my day and am making sure that I get all of my recommended daily nutrients which is giving me so much energy its really amazing!
I shopped and cooked for the week yesterday, lots of green beans, broccoli, salad, chicken, and brown rice etc. I also told my best friend what I'm doing. I haven't even talked to her really in the past 3 weeks because along with being my best friend she is a really bad food influence and drinking buddy (enabling my overindulging by being the driver) I had been worried that she wouldn't take me seriously because I've gone through 'diet' phases before. Anyway she called and asked me if i wanted to go out and I told her no, and told her what I was doing and that I wasn't ready yet to go out to a bar because I know I would have a few drinks and then give into french fries and other bad bar munchies. She completely understood and was completely supportive. We are going to start walking together on the weekends even!
I got myself to the gym every single day last week (it was open on thanksgiving!) and pumped out 45-60 minutes of cardio each day and did weight training on 3.
I'm really excited about all of this and about making it through the holiday! I'm planning on hitting the gym after work tonight even! I weighed in this morning and am down 2.5 pounds this week! I just wanted to thank everyone here because having a place to vent with people who are on the same mission and reading the success stories has really been a major encouragement source for me and is helping me stick to it!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Man you sure sound like you've got it together. Got your head in the right place. I like it, I like it. You are motivating me to do the same. Way to go!!! I like how you got it all mapped out. And good for you for not going out with your friend. And I'm glad she was supportive of you.

My daughter goes to college in the Boston area, but I'm sure you guys up there hear that a lot.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #7  

Ha ha thanks Rockinrobin...I'm glad it sounds like I've got it all together cause let me tell you its a struggle! If I don't plan it out then it won't work at all...and if it doesn't work out then it could mean real problems a lot sooner than I think (medical issues blah blah blah). Really posting here keeps me accountable...even if no one ever reads my progress knowing that its out there for the world to see is keeping me going. I've actually started a blog too where I'm tracking everything too.

Boston is all colleges and universities. I'm actually finishing my masters at BU. Its a good city to be a student in, I grew up here and went to rural NH for undergrad and am so happy to be back in Boston to finish my graduate studies and begin my career. I love this city! Its funny though, once the spring semester ends and schools let out for the summer the city becomes a ghost town!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes, I know what you mean by planning. I also must plan, plan and then plan some more. Somehow it makes it easier or more doable if I plan.

And my daughter is a freshmen, she doesn't get out much, she's working her tail off, hasn't seen much of Boston yet, but what she has seen she likes. I can definitely see why you'd be thrilled to be at BU for grad school.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #9  

sounds fantastic! I'm actually starting to get into a routine/habit of planning which is making it easier.
Let me know if your daughter ever needs recommendations for what to do here! I've lived here my whole life and am usually pretty in the know with exciting things happening around the city!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:42 AM   #10  

Just another update, I did weigh in last Monday and hadn't got around to posting it yet...I double checked this morning and was the same as Monday. I'm officially at 225 which means I've hit the first 10lb loss mark!
I've had a few set backs but have successfully been owning up to everything and being accountable for my actions which is helping me push forward. Everything is being recorded into fit day now...which i love and now that I'm pretty comfortable with the calorie aspect I'm trying to work on finding a good nutritional balance. I have cut back a lot on my carb addiction and have been adding in lots of lean protein and veggies already, but i still need to find the right balance.

I'm still cooking at home, and have only eaten out once and kept it healthy. I'm starting not even to miss take out all that much. I haven't had exercise in every day but I'm going to the gym itself for 2-3 days a week and trying to squish in some walking or yoga at least 2 days a week. every bit helps!

Till next week!
Cheers
Old 12-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #11  

Default Mini Goal Update!

Alright So far so good! I've actually met my first mini goal (15 total lbs lost by my birthday) well as off this morning I'm down a total of 16lbs and my birthday isn't even until Monday!
My second mini goal was a total of 20 down by new years, and I'm hoping to blow that out of the water and looking forward to setting my next set of mini goals!
Closed Thread