Clothing NSV - dropped a size, input?

• I stopped by the local mall last night to restock on moisture-restoring products for my hands and feet at Bath'n'Body on my way to the grocery store for last minute items.

For curiousity's sake, I stopped in a few stores to try on some jeans and see where I'm at size-wise. I'm really happy with the results.

I am now a jean size 12 I'd been in fourteens for what seems like forever, so it's great to drop down. A lot of companies pants sizes stop past 12 (or 14), so it's great to see a whole new world of denim opening up.

I'm still a 13/14 in Aero , but that's not bad considering their clothing is designed and cut for teenagers who haven't received their adult woman hips yet

So I finished my shopping on

PS -
    I have questions about sizing for those chickies between 5'3" and 5'6" - what size/weight are you now, and where have you been previously? I'm trying to get an idea of what jean size I might be when I hit goal (165). I am considering a post-goal mini-goal of 150 - which I haven't decided. I'm shooting for a size 8, is that reasonable?
  • Hey Lisa, from another Lisa (we truly are the best, no? )
    Congrats on your shopping NSV!!!! That must have been the Best. Shopping. Trip. Ever.

To answer your question, I am about 5'3-5'4ish depending on the day (my body's weird like that). Many, many moons ago, I wore a size 10/12. I was 14ish and weighed 150ish. Sorry for all the ishes, but this was a long time ago!! I was a super early developer (bra in 2nd grade, period in 4th, mistaken for a college freshman in 5th), so I probably had my adult woman hips. (Ugh, you know what's horrible, is that I can remember thinking how fat and awful I looked back then, and now I would KILL to be 150ish. That's life for ya!) I think your post goal mini goal is totally attainable!! Go for it!
  • Congratulations on the clothing NSV. WTG. I think you can very well reach that size 8. BTW I am 5'7 and wore a size 8 at 165.
  • Y'know the size/weight thing varies A LOT.

Most people don't believe I weigh what I do (luckily) I tend to somehow stay small.... but I have always been somewhat active, and played fastpitch softball, done yoga and latin dancing among other things.

At the weight I am at now I am about a 16 (ish.... depends on store, occasionally an 18) I wear a womens size 34 jeans.

At about 190-195 lbs I was a 12-14 so working out the approximate math, in theory I should be about a size 8 at my goal weight (160).

My guess is if you want to be an 8, you may have to shoot for about 150, but only way to know is to wait and see

oh.... and in case this helps, I am an hourglass, well I was till I hit about 210.... then my body seemed to give up on distributing it and put it all on my stomach.... from the front I look like an hourglass, but from the side, well..... my stomach sticks out about as far as my chest does (which is pretty impressive considering my bra size....36-38F)
  • I am 5'5 and carry my weight all over. I am more top heavy, built like a chicken.

When I was 150-155 a long time ago I wore a size 12. When I was 165-170
    I wore a fourteen. At about 185-190 I was an 18. From 200-240. I was in 20 and 22.

Hope that helps. Some people are more solid too which makes you weigh more then you look.
  • I know Im not in the height range you mentioned, just an inch out, but at 5'7" - 171lbs, Im wearing a 10 in slacks from a 9-11 in jeans depending on brand and if they are "stretchy" or not.