I met my hubby's vacation goal!!

• Hooray! I am so excited! I had gotten in a slump in August of not losing but a pound due to the fact that I walked alot less than normal that month.

April 2006 220 minutes total

May 2006 760 minutes total

June 2006 1060 minutes total

July 2006 1730 minutes total

August 2006 1185 minutes total

September 2006 1695 total!!!

I also was still messing around with the food, trying to eat as much as I could and still try to lose weight! After having my normal weekly out to lunch, PLUS adding in 3 pizza days with crazy bread and soda in that month. It didn't fly! I realized I had to get even more serious about the portions and not just "eat healthier". I decided to start counting calories and it has made a tremendous difference! The whole month of August I was rocking back and forth in between 236.5 and 238. I was miserable and I had plateau'd.

I put my foot down and told myself on September 7 that I was going to lose 10 pounds by my hubby's vacation. I was 235 at the time. I told myself I had to start watching the portions and start counting calories, to have chicken , rice and veggies a few times a week, like 3-4 and NO PIZZA at all in sept! I could have my one bad out to eat lunch but only once per week. I had to switch to mozzarella more often than cheddar and cut red meat down to 1-2 a week. Potatoes only 1-2 a week. NO SUGARY SODAS At all!! I eat 4-5 smaller meals a day. I also permitted myself to have a cup of coffee at lunch time.

When I cam here I discovered fitday That was around 9-28-06 and that place is awesome! That combined with finding this here...
    Womens Nutrition Health Guide I really feel like I am in control of my eating again. I am not getting the hunger cravings either like I used to. I did slip up the other day and binged when I shouldn't of, but that is cause I was gone all day and had not eaten in many hours.

My "maintenance" with exercising 60 minutes a day is 2865.2. I try to keep it to 1600 to 1800 most days so that is a daily deficit of at least 1000 cals a day. So times 7 days a week = 2 pounds! I just looked at my average over the last week, I had one bad day(2000 cals) and one really bad day!(2400 cals) but it still averaged out to 1850 a day. That is a deficit of 7105 cals for the week!

Anyhow I lost 9 pounds in September and have already lost 3.75 pounds this month. This is also a great milemarker getting down to 225 all the way from 280. That is 55 pounds!! I don't remember when the last time I was 225 was cause I never payed much attention to the scale before I started losing last June, 2005. I am very happy I found this great place where I am able to meet other people who are struggling and winning this race to. Thanx for your support ladies! Maybe I will post some pics later if anyone is interested.
  • Way to Go Jasmine!!!! You have are doing wonderful. Keep up the great work!!!
  • Thanx ssgtswife33!! I can't wait til x~mas!!
  • Good job!!!
  • Good for you!
    Congrats!
  • Congratulations!!!
  • Thanx ladies!!
  • Wow! What an awesome job!
  • Jasmine, Congratulations, it's looks like you have it figured out and it's working great for you. WTG.
  • Thanx ladies!! Yes I did figure it out, lily. It's basically just a numbers game! Pretty sad when the difference between being thin and being fat is sometimes only a few hundred calories difference! lol

Here is a link to my new pics here. I know I have along way to go still but at least I am on the right path.

Jasmine's Pics
  • Oh my goodness, I am so very happy for you. You sound so excited and like you really got it together. You shared some good info and I'm gonna take it into account. Keep up the good, no the great work!!!!!!
  • Thanx fedup! Yes I am excited cause now I can look forward to christmas and new years instead of wondering how am I going to lose or meet my goal etc. I know I will make it! I was looking back on this month in fitday and it looks like I have been losing an average of 2.5 pounds a week. IF I can keep with that I will be 161 by our first wedding anniversary in April. I think I can do it1!