3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   NSV (a few actually!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/95225-nsv-few-actually.html)

passionfruit 10-03-2006 02:13 PM

NSV (a few actually!)

Hi! This is my first time on this board and I had no idea what "NSV" meant until I Googled it up. I'm a total newbie :dizzy:.

Ok, I'm just going to jump right in with my NSV's!
I remember feeling a little let down at the end of September because I plateaued for 2 weeks. So I needed a little motivation. Well, I was rummaging through my wardrobe and found "those evil pair of jeans" that used to be very tight at the waist and hips. I've had these jeans for 6 years but ended up putting them aside because they were uncomfortable. So I took a deep breath and EASILY slipped into them, only to find them falling off me. I couldn't believe it...I took pictures just to see if it was actually REAL and that my eyes weren't deceiving me. That made up for the 2 weeks :D

My other NSV was not so recent, a couple months ago. My friend came back from New Zealand (I live in the South East Asia region) and we planned to meet up at our local mall. I waited at out meeting point on the look out for her, only to find her pass by me. She stopped a few metres away then turned around and approached me cautiously. I burst out laughing because of this. Her first response was: 'OH MY GOD, I almost didn't recognise you...you lost so much!!!'. I was beaming the whole day after that! But I think the new harido and my contacts contributed to this 'new stranger' look :dizzy:

Amazing what NSV's can do to brighten up your week :D!

Whoops! I meant to say "couple" than "few" in the thread title.

Rosario 10-03-2006 02:14 PM

Yay for NSV's!!

And Yay for you too!!!

boaterswife 10-03-2006 09:04 PM

Too cool...congratulations!!

redlight 10-03-2006 09:53 PM

Great about the jeans!

cantforgetthis 10-03-2006 10:52 PM

Welcome! You're in the right place. NSV's are what make it all worth while! :hug:

TamiL 10-03-2006 11:35 PM

Way to go! I love that feeling. I think I will go downstairs tomorrow and see if I can get into some of my daughters little jeans, she can wear mine now but they are just a tad loose on her. I have ran out of old clothes that were too small now.....must be time to go shopping!!!! Don't ya just hate that, LOL

finn 10-04-2006 08:00 AM

Brilliant, well done!

gtrprincess144 10-04-2006 09:47 AM

That's Great, Keep it up!! I love how right when your about to give up something like this happens and gives you the push you need to keep going!

passionfruit 10-04-2006 08:07 PM

Thanks for the replies! Yup, it feels great that old clothes don't fit...because it's too big, ESPECIALLY jeans! :carrot:

MelodyL 10-05-2006 01:20 AM

Those are great NSV's!! I'd be ecstatic too!

passionfruit 10-06-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 1428609)
Those are great NSV's!! I'd be ecstatic too!

That word best describes that moment! LOL
Good luck to you on your journey!

Misti in Seattle 10-06-2006 08:14 AM

Wonderful NSVs! Congratulations!!! And I know what you mean about the plateaus... I've been "stuck" since September 10. :(

babymomma 10-06-2006 09:12 AM

yay those are awesome! I love it when jeans that used to be in the "argh!" pile suddenly fit loose and look good. Congrats :)

sli 10-06-2006 10:35 AM

Those are great nsv's!!
Congrats!

passionfruit 10-06-2006 11:10 PM

Thank you all! :)

Hang in there Misti! You've got so far, don't let it get you down :hug: