NSV for me

• I am totally stressed out today. Problems with my son and his GF splitting up after only 4 days in their new apartment. I went to my kitchen with intention of making a big pan of home-made biscuits and eating every one of them with butter and strawberry jelly. I decided No, that would be stupid. I instead stuck to my routine breakfast plan. I feel like I dodged a bullet. Now, if I can just keep dodging them until this whole situation is resolved.
  • Good for you, lilybelle!

I read your other post about the son & GF situation. It sounds like all three of you are going through a really tough time right now, but once it gets resolved (and it will!) you will be so glad that you didn't cave in and eat a bunch of junk.

Keep up the good work!
  • good for you....you should be very proud of yourself!!!!
  • Thanks . I just had a salad for lunch and am happy that I have survived the first half of this day on plan.
  • I guess it is situations like these where the "rubber meets the road" in a life of maintenance. If you run to food now, then you will just look for excuse after excuse to do it again and again since "life happens" on a daily basis. It will always be something. Avoiding emotional eating is an awesome feat!
  • Good for you lilybelle!! You've accomplished so much!
  • Thanks for the support everyone. I made it through the day without eating anything that wasn't on my program. Yeah.