Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #16  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Haha sorry for sounding so angry in my reply.. I read it over and thought hmm I sound so bitter!! I am, a little I guess

But, point is.. don't let anyone's words stop you. You keep right on truckin!!

Cheers!! and smiles to everyone
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #17  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

You just proved that you are so much of a better person inside and out than your mothers friend!
You are a great person with the best attitude that I have ever seen!
I am so glad that you posted this! Thank you!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:41 AM   #18  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

You're very welcome Sli. And thank you too!! heheh.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:34 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods
One of my best combacks, which works for almost any rudeness of this type is a shocked expression, then a smile and confront them maybe saying sweetly something like, "You surely didn't mean that the way it sounded, did you?"
Mine is similar! I laugh -- so I don't come across as rude as they are... and with a shocked "I can't believe you said that" expression, say "You're getting kind of personal, aren't you?"

It does make people think twice before they pop out with something like that again. Personally I don't want to be rude back so try to make it light-hearted.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #20  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

The other day at work a co-worker (male) said "You have done a lot to improve your appaearance since you worked here, the weight loss, the haircut and color. In three years you'll be on the cover of a magazine." My response: "Three years? How much work do I need?" Point is, guys just don't get it. His comment was supposed to a compliment, we woman just find a way to make those comments an insult. About ten years ago a male friend said something along the lines of how good I would look if I lost some weight. At the time it kinda hurt my feelings but it also appeared to shock me into losing about 45 pounds. Take it as a catalyst to speed your weight loss and don't let it get you depressed.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #21  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Butterfly, you are awesome. I think I would have cried. Your attitude truly is inspirational!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #22  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

Talking

It's not what people call you it's what you answer to ... I actually smiled when I ready your reaction! You go Butterfly! ... That person was extremely out of line ... and you put them in their place ... the right way of course... keep your head up high ... Haters are on this Earth for a few reasons ... if anything ... for motivation ...
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #23  
Believe and Achieve

Exactly, because if people keep saying stuff after a while it tends to get to you and you know that you have to do something about it. And then end up proving that rude person wrong.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #24  
Believe and Achieve

But you're not changing for them, you are changing for you. Like Madea says "People are going to talk about you all your life, he** they talk about me, but it's what you answer to, you remember that." lol. I love Madea. (Diary of a Mad Black Women, Madea's Family Reunion)
Old 07-06-2006, 02:05 PM   #25  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Wow what an intelligent response. I would of told her to F*&K off and mind her own business. Grown ups should know better. Unfortunately my 7 year old daughter likes to tell people she doesn't know what she sees. Its getting more than embarrassing to take her out anywhere. She considers her 13 year old sister (5'5" and 135 well placed pounds) fat.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #26  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplesnat
Good for you with the quick comeback! My favorite (although I've yet to have the nerve/opportunity to use it) is, "I may be fat but you're ugly. At least I can lose weight."
LOL that is great.. ive actually USED that one.. and let me tell you sister... it felt GREAT!
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Butterfly, you've got the best advice/responses here! Keep that attitude that you have and you'll be feeling great about yourself no matter what others have to say. There's sooooo much we can do to change our outside, but it's alot harder to change the inside, which is really the most important part!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:24 AM   #28  
Believe and Achieve

Exactly!! I honestly don't like to mouth back or take revenge on the other person, so I just say something polite but stern to let them know that it was rude of what they said.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 AM   #29  
I AM smiling!!!

S/C/G: 276/252/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_dreams
It's amazing the nerve of some people. I did a little shopping with my mom and someone she knows starting talking to her and she says "is that your daughter?... wow she's big." Now usually those kind of things would bother the crap out of me till next week, lol, but right at that moment when she said that I immediately shrugged it off and said "Not for long!" I NO longer let words pull me down when they used to cause me depression and self-pity. I know I am GOING SOMEWHERE!!! I'm going forward not backward!!! There is a great future for me and no person is taking that away from me. So they can say whatever the heck they want because I am strong and I know what lies ahead of me!
Butterfly,

YOU ARE THE WOMAN!!!!!!

I know you won't let people affect you in a negative way again, but this person crossed the line, it was plain mean and I would have let that person know they acted like a slug. It doesn't have to mean you were hurt by that comment, rather the fact that they even said it.

Anyway, you keep on with what you're doing! You're awesome!!!!

carolshmarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:38 AM   #30  
Believe and Achieve

Well thank ya, Carol.