Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Cool The Universe is on my side!!!

Today was a HORRIBLE day. I felt like such a failure cause my supervisor was riding my back and I was messing up at every turn. As soon as I got off work, I went down to the canteen and brought ALL the remaining WW chocolates (four bags of the caramel drops and like ten of the crispy caramel bars). I always eat when I'm stressed or depressed. I had EVERY intention on devouring all of them then but I didn't at the moment because I was going to the cafeteria. I went straight to the pizza and burger line and for some reason that I can't remember now, I suddenly BOLTED out the line and jumped into the salad line! Before I could talk myself out of it, I brought a chicken salad with fat free dressing and a cup of water and practically ran out! I went outside and started eating my salad, still feeling depressed, and I dropped my fork! It was the only fork I had and I was pissed. I was sitting there sipping water when I realized that it was fate. I had only ate half the salad and two pieces of the chocolate and if I hadn't dropped the fork and hadn't stopped and thought about it, I would have kept eating even though I was FULL! Freaky!

Also, I've been trying to cut back on sodas (I've always drank Diet but still....) and I haven't had a soda in four days! Of course since I was so down, I wanted one but I kept repeating to myself that I had survived four days without them and I was able to pass on getting one!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:12 AM   #2  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I think that you did great! You took a bad situatuion that could have turned worse and made the right choices!
So what that you had two pieces of chocolate, sounds like you deserved it. Just try not to finish all the candy you bought...
Good job and I am sorry that you had such a bad day at work, just remember tomorrow is a new day!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

WTG on making it through a stressful day without losing control!! You'd have only felt worse in the end, now you feel so much stronger and better than you would've if you had given in to your emotions right then!! WTG!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/180/115

Height: 5'2"

WTG!! You handled your stressful day pretty well if I may say so...I hope you're having a better day already and you did great about the candy and soda...soda is my weakness lol
oliviaCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:03 PM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Thanks everyone! Today was better though I haven't had much to eat since my teeth are hurting like ****!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Kudos, m'love!

And congrats on the diet coke thing...I've cut down from at least 2 liters per day to maybe 1 or 2 bottles (24 oz) each month, like at a movie or something. Have you seen the sodium content on that crap? the soda was making me retain water really badly.

Good news is that after a few weeks without coke you really start to lose your taste for it.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #7  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberKay
Kudos, m'love!

And congrats on the diet coke thing...I've cut down from at least 2 liters per day to maybe 1 or 2 bottles (24 oz) each month, like at a movie or something. Have you seen the sodium content on that crap? the soda was making me retain water really badly.

Good news is that after a few weeks without coke you really start to lose your taste for it.
That's what I'm doing. I'm only going to have soda like when I go out to eat with my friends. And since I work so much now, including the weekends, that will be VERY VERY rare!