Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-19-2006, 05:38 PM   #1  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Smile NSV's - jogging, collarbones and <35"

I've been waiting the few weeks to post some of my NSV's here together - and now seems like a good time.

1. The 2x I've gone walking this past week (minor victory in itself, my motivation was on life-support ) have included significant jogging intervals. They weren't my idea - so I can't take all the credit. My evil best friend worked us almost to death Tuesday night - to vent some frustration. Then last night, we had to skip the track and walk in the village. We spent half the time running away from scary drunks , stalking perverts and lame guys trying to get lucky

But - it's the first time I really ever jogged a mile, and it felt good. I have to be careful 'cause of my bad knees - but so far, so good.

2. My waist is now less than 35" (just barely) . That was one of my milestones as set by the health and fitness recommendation guidelines. My next related goal is to get my waist:hip ratio to .70, it's currently .723

3. My collarbones have arrived! They've been showing up more and more often these past few months, but now they are visible without strange poses or obtuse mood lighting . I can't keep my hands off them - can you bruise a bone by tapping it too much?

I may have more to post later - since I'm expecting a loss this week. But at least I can be proud of what I have already!

Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

If you could bruise collarbones, mine would be black and blue, I touch them so much (I also adore touching a little hollow place on the side of my wrist and my shoulderblade). Seeing the bones start to show was the most amazing thing, like the fat tide was rolling out and beautiful bones like seashells are left revealed.

Congratulations on all of your wondertful NSVs!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #3  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Congrats!!!!
Thats wonderful! I keep checking mine everyday to see if they have popped out yet
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:45 AM   #4  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Congrats...the bones I notice the most are my hip bones when I lay down. It's pretty cool.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:46 AM   #5  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Cardiomonster, congrats on your success. I have found myself touching my collar bone a lot lately too. Seems like I just can't keep my hands off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
If you could bruise collarbones, mine would be black and blue, I touch them so much (I also adore touching a little hollow place on the side of my wrist and my shoulderblade). Seeing the bones start to show was the most amazing thing, like the fat tide was rolling out and beautiful bones like seashells are left revealed.
What a beautiful analogy, Glory!
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:07 AM   #6  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Congratulations!!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote