Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/200/140

Height: 5'8"

Default Nsv!!!!!!!

I don't usually post about success, but I'm just beaming and I had to share this with someone!

I went into Sears last night to have the ring my boyfriend got me for Christmas cleaned and inspected. The lady at the jewelry counter noticed that it slipped right off and asked if I wanted it sized down. I asked her how many times the warranty covers sizing because I'm in the process of losing weight and didn't want to "use up" my sizing until I get to goal. She looked at me and said "Why are you trying to lose weight? You're skinny!"

ME??????????????? SKINNY??????????????

The NSV of having my ring sized down to 6.5 was nice. But someone calling me skinny? It was a total pick me up, but it kind of hit me hard. I'm not 281 lbs anymore and I often forget that. It's hard to see how far I've come, but man that felt good!
Amanda_mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Amanda, that's awesome! Being called skinny...lol. That lady will never know how happy she made you! Great job, you've lost alot!

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:47 AM   #3  

Well done on your double NSV!!!!!!!

Isn't it weird that in our heads we remain the fat girl. I walked into the fat girl shop in town here yesterday (called Evans) and everyone looked at me funny, it's because I don't fit into even the smallest sizes there anymore!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Congratulations! I can't wait until I the skinny comment myself, all your hard work has paid off.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations, you deserve it. I love to hear those "skinny" comments. I still think of myself as being much larger than I am too. Hey, we weigh the same amount now. That's great.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Amanda, that's lovely!! Wow, you've done so well... good going, hon!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Wow!!!! Congratulations!!! That sounded awesome, especially to hear from a total stranger!!!!!!!!!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 281/200/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks to all for the congrats

Kykaree, LOL at the 'fat girl shop' comment. I too find my self wandering around in the plus section from time to time. It's hard to get out of that habbit, isn't it? Hehehe.
Amanda_mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #9  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

WOW! You've done an amazing job! And you're so pretty in your picture! Congrats on someone calling you skinny! I can only imagine how that must feel. Enjoy it! You've worked hard!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote