300lbs+ pounds down to 185lbs (135lbs lost)

• I was very depressed in my relationship with my ex and I ended up ballooning. Not that this is an excuse, but I was in an abusive relationship and food became my only source of happiness.

Here I was over 300lbs. I don't have many pictures of me at my highest weight. I THINK I was probably 320lbs here.

I just got a progress pic and I thought woah. Here I am at around 185lbs. I still want to lose about 30lbs.

Just unbelievable! I definitely have loose skin, but I just feel so great mentally and physically. Good luck everyone You can do it! It's so worth it. I don't miss having a sore back, being in constant fatigue and being unable to handle the heat. Stairs destroying me etc.
  • AMAZING!!!! Thank you for the inspiration, you look phenomenal!
  • I know what an abusive relationship is like. Proud of you! How did you do it?
  • WOW! You must be so proud of yourself.
    Good for you for getting out of an unhealthy relationship. Not only have you improved your physical health but also your mental health.
    You look amazing!
  • wow! Amazing job!
  • Very impressive! Your starting weight is close to mine, and we're the same height, so it's nice to see how my body might look when I hit 180.
  • Well done, you've done incredibly well!
  • Quote: I know what an abusive relationship is like. Proud of you! How did you do it?
    Well, I started off losing about 20lbs during a depression post-breakup. The weight came off really quickly when I began eating more healthy, and then I started exercising more heavily to speed up my metabolism. I started off with fast paced walks, built up to jogging, and incorporated daily yoga in my life.

Yoga, above all else, kept me on track and helped me learn to love myself
  • Thank you so much for the kind words, everybody. I know you can get to your goal as well. I don't mean to advertise or anything here, but I found this 30 day yoga challenge amazing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioO8K653kMA I beg you to do yourself the favour of just trying this one practice and see if you like it. I was a complete beginner when I started this practice, and I don't have enough good things to say about it.

Sure, eating healthy and exercising is one thing. But this helped with my emotional wellbeing so much I can't even measure it. I didn't find it very physically challenging by the time I began it, and she offers many suggestions for modifications for poses. I did not replace my exercise with this, I supplemented it and took most of the value from the self love practices included. I probably cried at least 5-10 during these practices. This was more valuable than all of the weight I lost, the better body image and I just really hope you give it a try. Your body weight fluctuates, but if you have emotional wellbeing and true positivity, that's more substantial.

We all know the key to health starts with a healthy outlook, and this yoga instructor really touched my heart. One of my best friends is losing weight and she was really reluctant to try yoga, so I made her watch me do a gentle practice telling her she could join me if she got too bored. Needless to say, she now practices yoga daily. It's also aimed at beginners!

*****And you don't need to be flexible!******
  • Plus, I don't know about you guys but I really suffered from a lot of back pain when I was very obese. I had a very weak core and now my posture has improved, I rarely ever get back pain and I feel strong. Good luck everybody and thanks again for all of your lovely support
  • You look great! Younger!