Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #1  

Default Down 35+ pounds on my own!!!

Finally at 200, keep checking everyday to see if the scale is going to tell me I am finally under 200!!! Since May I have dropped over 35 lbs!

Brought up some old summer clothes, went from tight 20's and 2xl, to 18's definitely fit, and I can get on 16's (some better than others) and xl shirts! I love it!!! I bought a pair of jean shorts 3 years ago and never could fit into them, tags are still on. They fit now! It's like I just went shopping!

I am not following any "diet plan" per Se. I had a friend who is on ideal protein, and she dropped 80 lbs in 10 months, but she was on phase four for 1 month and is now back on phase 1 because she gained 16 back. I can't afford the ideal protein diet consultation, or their food. So I have been more on a low carb ketosis type of diet. The first 25#'s dropped quick! But it took a little over a month for the next 10. It is frustrating (and probably would feel like more progress if I didn't get on the scale two plus times a day to see) sometimes, but I am committed! My knees pop a whole lot less, so hoping I can add more exercise in as well!

I pray that by doing this on my own, and constantly researching for answers, that I am truly helping myself change the lifestyle!!! I don't want to fall into "phase 4 and gain 16 lbs back".

I am so happy right now, haven't really shared it with anyone face to face!!! I don't want to hear about the 65# I still need to lose! And see looks of doubt, or such in people's faces!!! Right now, I take their "you look good" compliments and leave it at that!!!

Knowing I have a ways yet to go! But I can do this!!!!

Anyone else have similar goals???
2kidsami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #2  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

S/C/G: 187.4/164/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsami View Post
I bought a pair of jean shorts 3 years ago and never could fit into them, tags are still on. They fit now! It's like I just went shopping!
How wonderful!!! it's such a reward for you and your hard work, well done.

35 since May is amazing, i've managed about 18 since May 11.

Keep up the good work and soon you will be really comfy in your 16's
CheesecakeBrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:22 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesecakeBrownie View Post

Thank you so much!!! It is challenging at times, and I am tired of my zucchini and cucumbers from my garden!!! But I keep eating them cause they are cheap!!! Lol

I just would really appreciate some ice cream, or fried chicken, or a potato right now! Uggg... That is the part that is getting hard! Luckily I am not a huge candy bar, cake, or cookie fan... So I don't have those cravings!!! My one diet coke (with Splenda) a day (usually only 3 a week)seems to curb my sweet tooth!

You are doing great too!!!! Keep it up!!! I would love to listen to your story!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #4  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

You are doing amazingly! Well done!! That's really fantastic. I hope to be where you are someday soon! (Also hope I can fit into an 18 at 200lbs - darn my beastly thighs!)

Last edited by MsTibbles; 08-04-2015 at 07:09 PM.
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Great job! I follow a real food "plan" with minimal bread/pasta/potatoes/sugar.....no/little processed food. I've lost 11+ since June 19...slowly but surely. I think if I lose slowly I won't rain it back if I fall off the wagon for a few days

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #6  

Quote:

Thank you so much!!! It is challenging at times, and I am tired of my zucchini and cucumbers from my garden!!! But I keep eating them cause they are cheap!!! Lol

I just would really appreciate some ice cream, or fried chicken, or a potato right now! Uggg... That is the part that is getting hard! Luckily I am not a huge candy bar, cake, or cookie fan... So I don't have those cravings!!! My one diet coke (with Splenda) a day (usually only 3 a week)seems to curb my sweet tooth!

You are doing great too!!!! Keep it up!!! I would love to listen to your story!!!
Old 08-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTibbles View Post
You are doing amazingly! Well done!! That's really fantastic. I hope to be where you are someday soon! (Also hope I can fit into an 18 at 200lbs - darn my beastly thighs!)
I completely understand! I know some people who drop go down 4 sizes with a 20 pound drop! Me, I had to lose 35 for 1 size drop!!! Uggg

Thank you very much!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieQueen View Post
Great job! I follow a real food "plan" with minimal bread/pasta/potatoes/sugar.....no/little processed food. I've lost 11+ since June 19...slowly but surely. I think if I lose slowly I won't rain it back if I fall off the wagon for a few days

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
Thank you very much! I haven't had any bread, or pasta since may!!! No alcohol, carrots, peas, corn, cooked onions or sauces (other than walden farms). No fruit (I did cheat once, my daughter made me her first pie and it was with our fresh black raspberries. I also had a slice of watermelon on Fourth of July to avoid any of the fattening stuff), no sugar in anything. I am very label conscience! I am strict, but it is working, so I will continue to be strict!!!

I miss me some wine!!! But it's not worth it! I made it all of county fair without a single beverage other than water! Yay!!!

Good luck on your journey! I love to hear more about it
Old 08-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Such a restricted diet would be tough for me, but it's working for you, so well done! I'm a bit fatter than you at just under 203 lbs. I want to get down to 132 lbs so a similar end point too.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #10  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

wow, it would be tough for me to eat no fruit... you have some serious will power there! keep it up
Old 08-05-2015, 02:50 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonickel77 View Post
Such a restricted diet would be tough for me, but it's working for you, so well done! I'm a bit fatter than you at just under 203 lbs. I want to get down to 132 lbs so a similar end point too.
It is challenging, but luckily I like most vegetables, and I can season them up in a multitude of ways!!! And I have protein!!! I can feel deprived, as easy options are not really available. I feel like I am a
Ways planning, and preparing meals!!!

Your no "fatter" than me, you are you and what works for one is not the same as what works for another!!! We have very similar goals!!!! How we do it doesn't matter, but rather help each other achieve those goals!!!

Take care!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #12  

I just want my body to use my stored fat for energy and not give it any extra sugar!!! Again I watched my good friend drop 80+ pounds in 10 months following the Ideal Protein diet. While I cannot afford, or want to eat all of their "prepared" foods, I know the concept works. Since I don't have their foods, I have to use what I've got (my daughter raises 50+ chickens) so eggs, I allow cheese and dairy in limited quantities, and make homemade mayo and such. But I try to be strict, on the sugars!!! No fruit!!! I will eventually get it back again! (Remember I did slip with watermelon, and black raspberry pie a little over a month ago).

And since ideal protein, is not "carb free" but low carbs (they have protein bars and shakes, all with carbs in them) I do allow myself some carbs (a chicken strip for on a salad occasionally), or if a marinade/seasoning has some sugar in it, I will not beat myself up about it. I don't want to drive myself crazy. But like today, I had 2 hard boiled eggs (I was on the go) and 1 string cheese, but grilled 4 zucchini steaks with Cajun seasoning and olive oil for lunch!!! Yummy (I am thankful for my garden).

Yes, I miss me a glass of wine, or a good cold beer... But I was never a great drinker anyway (cases of beer would be 6 months old).

My ultimate goal is "fabulous by forty four". My 44th birthday is next year. I hope to achieve it. No matter what, I know I will be better than where I started from!!!

Thank you for your support!!!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #13  

Today I finally saw the scale go to the left of 200! Finally in wonderland!!! Just a smidge, but finally there!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #14  
Fat Free, Sugar Free

Congrats on onederland! You worked so hard!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #15  

Quote:
Congrats on onederland! You worked so hard!
Thank you so much! It is hard to believe I saw it this morning. I didn't want to drink water, cause I knew it would move... Lol