Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Default 80.4 lbs. down, 71.2 lbs. to go, maybe? lol

Hi everyone! My weight loss journey began 16 1/2 months ago (February 13, 2014 to be exact), on that date I weighed in at 301.6 lbs. and as of today July 2, 2015 I now weigh 221.2 lbs.. It isn't a huge drop from yesterday's 222 but it marks 80.4 lbs. down for me, which is huge, and especially when the numbers are 21.4 lbs. from Onederland & a mere 19.6 lbs. from my 100 lbs. down milestone.
I actually planned to post here a handful of days ago but I didn't have the nerve, I wanted to elaborate on an exchange w/my mom. Long story short, I was on my Facebook page, and I saw a couple of pictures of myself, 1 was old (taken years ago when I was well into the 300's probably 320 or higher), and 1 new (taken within the past few weeks) and I couldn't believe the difference, so I went to show my mom. As I showed her, she saw the bigger picture and said
"That's not you!" lol I loved my mom didn't recognize her own child lol, but I digress, anyhow I told her, I wasn't sure when or where it was taken, but within the past 7-8 years, and yeah that was me. She later went on to say "You've come a long way baby!" and "I don't even remember you big." To which I replied "I'm still big!" but I knew what she meant. That meant so much to me, especially as someone who hasn't gotten a lot of recognition outside of family, close friends, and friends on the internet (shoutout! lol). Thank you guys for all of your support, I am so blessed to be here, this site really does work! Since I have been a member of this community I've lost around 70+ lbs. (I joined about a couple of months after beginning my journey and up until this site I couldn't lose 10 lbs.).

I wish I could hug each and every person who posted in support, good advice, or anything that helped keep me moving forward, your help is invaluable, even if you're struggling too, sharing is caring. There have been times, even recently where I couldn't stop overeating/binging but I kept coming here, and I kept posting, it helps, there is light at the end of the tunnel, keep going, because it is all you can do to get out of this.

Below are some pictures of me taken at various weights. The red top photo was taken March/2009 on a family trip to Michigan & Illinois (I weighed around 330-332) and the next 2 photos in the dressing room with the grey top on were taken sometime in June/2015 and I weighed in the mid 220's (I was trying on the XL Juniors top which I later bought and wore in the 4th picture lol). The last picture also in the same grey top I weighed 224.8 which was my lowest weight in all the pictures (taken in a messy & different JC Penney dressing room *sighs*).

Lastly, I nearly forgot, where do I go from here? Well obviously Onederland!! But beyond that, I believed I would get to 150 lbs, now I am thinking about 165 lbs. and just stopping there for a little while, before restarting my journey. I don't know, I guess it depends on how I feel over the next 60 lbs. or so. I will not revert back to how I ate before, I still eat unhealthily here and there, but when I say "stop" I just mean putting up my scale, and working to "maintain" as opposed to creating a deficit. It is too soon to call it, but it is something that has been on my mind lately. I would like a healthy BMI which means 150 for me, so we'll see.

Last edited by Candidcamster; 07-02-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Woohoo!!!! That's awesome progress You look great!!!! Thanks for inspiring me today!!!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:19 PM   #3  

You are doing amazing! Congrats!
asjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Wow. That's incredible, strong work!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Congrats!!!

You look Amazing!!!

And I always enjoy reading your posts here at 3fc... they are always so honest and very inspiring... Thanks...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #6  

Thank you so much to all of you, and to you TripSwitch, thank you! The struggle is real, but it is worth it, even for just where I am now compared to where I've been, this is such a gift, but it doesn't stop here. I have at least 50+ lbs. to go, and I know I'll make it, or die trying (I don't mean that as morbid as it sounds, I just mean never giving up ). One of my favorite quotes recently that Clusie L said in one of her videos on Youtube (she had VSG surgery, awesome girl, very motivational & funny channel for ANYONE regardless of your weight loss method), she said "If you can't stop thinking about something, don't stop chasing it." or something to that effect, because that desire won't go away, and in my case it shouldn't. We all deserve to be healthy & happy and feel good, don't give up on your dreams!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 07-02-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #7  

You are doing fabulous! Congratulations This really does inspire me to get back into the saddle. I'd allowed myself to get derailed for a while but you are proving that if people don't give up then eventually results will be seen
Jadeneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:06 AM   #8  

Thank you Jadeneko! It is true, dedication is so important to lose weight & maintain it, which is what they say is the hardest part (I wouldn't know yet, we'll see when we get there lol ). Today I gained a lb. just after posting my big "I lost 80 lbs. thread" *sighs* lol, anyhow, I felt "fat" all day. I visited Kohl's tonight, shopping in the Juniors & Misses departments, found a couple of cute tops, and namely I found myself in a pair of size 14 jeans! Now let's be clear, I am not a size 14, I am not even a 16 (which was another pair I grabbed and couldn't button up for anything) but knowing that I was in pair of jeans that said 14 made me feel so good. Knowing that 1 year ago I wouldn't have been able to squeeze into those, made me feel good. Learn to love the journey, if you're serious about this, you're going to be here for a long time, and it is a great place. It isn't all fabulous, but the rewards far outweigh the cons.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #9  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Awesome, and so inspirational!!!! Thank you for sharing.....

It's amazing what that tag on your jeans will do for you, isn't it? I'm in 16's now, and I feel like a freaking GODDESS. I'd cry if I got into 14's. ****, I cried when I got into 16's!!!

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by dietcokehead98; 07-06-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Jeans!
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

You look amazing!! You are such an inpiration. That exchange with you and your mom gave me chills. You thanked all the people of this site for the help that has been given you- you should also give your self a big pat on the back for the help and inspiration you have given!!

Btw- love the minion shirt!
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #11  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Congrats on the weight loss (and continued success)! You are amazing and you look awesome!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #12  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

You're doing amazing!! You look fabulous! Congrats
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

You're doing amazing. This is very inspirational. Thank you for posting
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'4

Congratulations! You look beautiful in every photo!
GrlRedBalloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:32 AM   #15  

Thank you so much dietcokehead98, utgirl09, kisskiss , Firecracker777 , kiwi1222 and GrlRedBalloon !

Dietcokehead98 I have literally felt like stepping out of the dressing room and showing the poor attendant that I can actually fit into whatever size it is lol. I tried to put on a size 13 pair of jeans recently from the clearance rack, I couldn't get them to zip, but even getting them past my thighs was super motivating. I was thinking "yeah later this year, watch out I'm going to find you, and I'm going to wear you" *Taken the movie style* lol.

Utgirl09 thank you so much! I feel good about how far I've come but my faith really has been a big part of this journey, and realizing I won't be satisfied until I see this through, that is a huge motivator. BTW this shirt is $12.99 from JCP I thought it was so cute too even though I never saw the movie, it is in a XL in the Juniors department.

Kisskiss thank you so much, I really enjoy your blog, and your success story was one of the first I recall reading on the site. You're beautiful inside & out and I appreciate your support.

Thank you Firecracker777 for being so supportive, it is truly appreciated!

Thank you Kiwi1222 keep kicking butt chica, you're doing awesome, I've enjoyed following your journey here.

Aww thank you GrlRedBalloon, I appreciate you!