Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-07-2015, 07:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Default My Shinguard straps fit

Ok, so I knew that I said my next minigoal would be when I hit 270, but today I noticed something happen that just a few weeks ago wouldn't happen. I play soccer twice a week on a women's league and bought some new shinguards in the beginning of the season (early April...kinda when I joined 3FC). I was in need since my loving dog thought my old shinguards made a great chew toy. Anyway, shin guards come in youth and adult. They vary a bit more in size based on the style (S,M,L) I think I got an adult L because its was the biggest I could find. The first time I put them on I notice that I couldn't get the strap around the top of my calf without it basically cutting off circulation and being super uncomfortable. So for the beginning of this season I have been depending on my socks to just keep them in place and tucking in the strap. This morning I just happened to pull the strap around my leg out of force of habit and to my surprise it went all the way around and comfortably. It was early and I was still pretty groggy, but I did clench my fist in a pump and say "Yessss." This was a pretty nice non scale victory. With that said. I am happy that I can make more runs in my games since I am 31 lbs lighter
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Congrats kiwi, that's awesome!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:41 PM   #3  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

That's so cool!
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:50 PM   #4  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Yessss!! That's amazing. Those are the best moments, I love realizing that something just happens to finally fit!
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

It was a wonderful feeling for sure.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It is the best feeling! yay you!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote