Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/235/150

Height: 5'8"

Default VERY mini goal

Sorry, this is very little, but big for me.

On Tuesday a colleague gave me a box of chocolates. I tried to decline them but they really weren't accepting it so I had to give in.

I decided actually, there will be times in life when there are temptations around and I can't just avoid forever, I have to develop some skills to cope.

So I allowed myself 3 chocolates a day. And I've stuck to it. I'm amazed at my restraint.

They're in my fridge in my office, and they're not even tormenting me. They're just there, and at 11am tomorrow when I have my apple I'll only have 3 chocolates.

I accept that no chocolates is better than 3 chocolates, but my plan is not to diet but instead to move towards a healthy lifestyle. Even healthy people eat the occasional chocolate, don't they?
nowtnewunderthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #2  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

I am seriously, seriously impressed. I'd call that way more than a mini goal! I'm so terrible with temptations like that around me all the time. I'd say three, and then rationalize four, then before I'd know it I would have eaten the entire thing. Nice work!
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Um, that is incredible!!! And I'm the "chocolate in moderation is better than no chocolate" camp. You just proved to yourself and all of us that at maintenance, and even now during dieting, you can enjoy treats without indulging. You don't have to live in a chocolate-less world.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseAndSensibility View Post
Um, that is incredible!!! And I'm the "chocolate in moderation is better than no chocolate" camp. You just proved to yourself and all of us that at maintenance, and even now during dieting, you can enjoy treats without indulging. You don't have to live in a chocolate-less world.
This. Times a million.

Congratulations!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/235/150

Height: 5'8"

Thanks guys I'm really beaming with pride here. I actually only had 2 chocolates yesterday and so the box is still in the fridge in my office half full.

And Friday was a pretty stressful day and so would typically be a day in which I say "You've handled this stress really well today, you should be rewarded with those chocolates in the fridge!"
nowtnewunderthesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #6  
300+ Chick

Wow, Talk about self control on chocolates...3 is fantastic and I admired your control with sweets. You are very strong!! Way to go!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 367/301/???

Height: 5'8

Good for you...I would have a terrible time with this. Be proud of yourself!
Noggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/236/135

Height: 5'4"

Fantastic!!! As a snacker who has a sweet tooth with no shut off button I'm impressed!! You SO got this!
SevenDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Non-scale victories are the best victories. Being able to pass up snacks was a huge thing for me. Awesome job and congrats!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 03:11 PM   #10  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Good job on only eating 3 pieces of chocolate a day, Thats what I do too. I love the chocolate rensens and I only have 3 pieces each day.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote