Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

Default Future Mini-Goal

Hi Everyone!

So far I have lost 140ish lbs and only have 9 more to go until I hit onderland! These past few weeks have been rough with eating, so I'd like to set this mini goal for my self and just get it out there for motivation. By July 4th, I'd like to see the scale say 199 or lower

I am trying to decide if I should stick with my weekly weigh-ins, or if I should stay off the scale until that date. What does everyone think?

Any tips or motivational pieces are welcome too
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #2  
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/148.6/115

Congratulations! You've lost the equivalent of a person, that's amazing!

To get to 199 by July 4th would be about 1 1/2 pounds a week - you can definitely do it! Personally, I'm an every day weigher - I like to see even the smallest progress as affirmation of my hard work. I think you should do whatever works for you, though - this might be a great time to put the scale aside and focus on how you look and feel, rather than what the scale says. I'm seriously considering forgoing the scale for a few weeks for just that reason

And even if you don't completely meet your mini-goal, OMG, you should be so proud of yourself! My only advice is keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing great!!
futureformerfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:18 AM   #3  

Well thank you

I will have to think more about it haha. I like the idea of being surprised on the 4th, but I also am impatient and want to see results. I guess I will see how I feel on Wednesday (my normal weigh in day) I love the idea of daily weigh ins, but I know myself, and unfortunately I would become obsessed and nothing good would come out of it for me personally.

Thanks for the response!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Wow, what an amazing loss so far! You should have no trouble hitting your goal by July 4th.

Hard to say what you should do about the scale, because everyone is motivated differently. Seeing a loss is what keeps me going. I tried a monthly weigh-in for about two months, but found no reward in that. I'd say try skipping a weekly weigh-in and see how you feel about it
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #5  
Pounds...A Losing Battle

S/C/G: 163/149/130

Height: 5'6"

I just have to say that you are already such a beautiful young woman and have made such an incredible accomplishment...WOW! I happen to be one of those people that enjoy weighing themselves every morning. Despite the occasional and frustrating fluctuations, the not knowing seems to bother me more. If you don't need to know and would prefer to be surprised, I envy you...I couldn't.
Bunny924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone! Perhaps I will try bi-weekly and see how it goes!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Wow!! 140lbs is phenomenal!! WTG!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote