Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default Getting back on track!

I'm new to this site, and thought this thread was a good place to start! I haven't hit any big goals yet, but to be honest, the fact that I'm watching what I eat again is a goal in itself!
My journey began in January 2011. My mom is a lifetime member at weight watchers and struggles a lot with her weight. I was overweight and never really tried losing ever. I was 24 years old and was 217 pounds. I had no confidence, I was miserable so one day she said let's go, I'm signing you up for weight watchers, and I agreed. After 11 months, I was down 55 pounds!!!! I felt GREAT, had lots of confidence, I was the happiest I'd been in years. I was doing only an okay job keeping up with my weight after I made goal, and started to slip a bit. I gained about 10 pounds and hit a plateau but I was okay with that! Then I quit my job, moved to a different country, got married, etc. I've had a very busy and stressful two years, and am now back to 200. Two months ago, it hit me and I know I need to get back to how it was. I hate calling it dieting, it's a lifestyle change but it's difficult! Since I rejoined weight watchers, I'm down 14 pounds but I need to keep going and I'm feeling myself slipping. Hopefully support and reading success stories from this site can help me stay on track and keep my eye on the prize, a healthy lifestyle!!!!
lindsheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:39 PM   #2  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

That is great congrats!!!

So many people find themselves here, including myself! gaining back happens slowly but we seem to notice all at once, sometimes a little later than we should! But the great thing is your here, back on track, and down 14 lbs same as me!!! yay us.

It is good that you recognize you are slipping, now you are able to face it and do your best to conquer it! I've found this site to be wonderful when needing support and ideas. Just knowing there are a lot of people fighting the same (or similar) battle that you are helps in itself. You probably noticed but there is a weight watchers forum welcome to 3FC!!!
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #4  
www.EscapeFromFatCity.com

S/C/G: 190/184.5/???

Height: 5'7"

Welcome! The folks here are wonderfully supportive, as you've no doubt already seen. You've got a great attitude (lifestyle vs. diet) and have already proved you can do this. Congratulations on getting back on track!
EscapeKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/242/150

Height: 5'8"

we do fall off the track every so often and its okkkkkkkk. we are humans not machines.
Congratulations on taking control back of your life in your hands.
welcome to the 3fc.
momcandoit_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Welcome aboard!

It takes a tremendous effort to face up to a backslide. A lot of us ( count me in this group ) don't put on the brakes until we're all the way back to and beyond our starting weight. You should be very proud of yourself!

Hang in there!! You can do it!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 327/see ticker/ 160

Height: 5'9'

This is my first time back since August of 2013. I am trying to stay on track I weighted on May 6 at 327 and I read somewhere that a good mini goal would be to lose 30 in 6 months so far I have lost 11 pounds the only thing is that I get so happy losing weight that I gain it back and more. I almost forgot I am at 315.02.

Last edited by mwes; 05-31-2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: addition
mwes is offline   Reply With Quote