3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Mini-Goals

Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Overcoming negative self-talk

Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 PM   #1

S/C/G: 120 / 120 / 105

Height: 5'0

Default Overcoming negative self-talk

I find that having several mini-goals help me with the process of getting to my desired weight. I have a really bad habit of negative self-talk- "I'm fat" "Why can't I just lose weight" "Maybe I should starve myself" "I wonder what diet pill is popular this month" etc etc etc!

For years, I had such a negative attitude and negative self-image that I didn't realize how I was sabotaging any chances I had of getting that dream body.

I still struggle with this, but I was tired of all the negativity, so I made a small goal to gradually move away from this mindset. I started with writing affirmations in the morning and once at night…every single day. One affirmation I would write all the time was "I am so happy and grateful now that I have a tight, toned body." Then I incorporated day time audible affirmations which can be found on YouTube. Then night time hypnotherapy recordings.

Things in my life are not perfect, but I've realized by making these small changes, I've made some big changes. My mood has changed, I'm happier, more positive. I make better choices when it comes to food selection. I've been able to control my binge eating. I enjoy working out and being active. etc.
mandymercier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #2

S/C/G: 215/159/140

Height: 5'2"

Great for you. I think a lot of us have negative thoughts, some more than others. I think you have the right idea and plans to stay focused. keep writing those affirmations! I do it as well.

Taking it one day and 1 pound at a time ! Feeling and looking better every day!
Girl4him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #3

S/C/G: 105kg/103kg/60kg

Height: 1.60m

I find that whenever I get negative thoughts, if I focus on my breathing for five seconds it disappears. You should try it, maybe it will work for you too
JamieToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #4
JUST TODAY!

S/C/G: 240/189/150

Height: 5'5

I love this post! Amen sister! Just plain old happiness talk and thinkingmight just be the truth we all seek. Thank you for sharing. I hope others come with what they do to get over the negatives.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/223/167

Height: 5'5"

Good for you!

One for every five pounds lost!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.