Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Default 75lbs Down! Halfway goal!

^I've always wanted to use this little carrot guy, and I think now he's totally emoting what I feel!

I have officially (as of yesterday at my Weight Watchers meeting) weighed in and lost 76.4lbs since March 2013 of this year. My overall goal is a whopping 150lbs... and for anyone who has a triple digit loss ahead of them, it can seem unreal/impossible when you lose the first 5lbs. I went in thinking "Only 145 left to go...yippeee " But what good did that do me? Nothing! Just made me feel like crap... now... 5 lbs is halfway to 10. Keep going 10 is halfway to 20... 20 is only 5 away from a quarter of a hundred. Each mini goal no matter how small, gets you that much closer to your big goal, and each mini goal is worth just as much celebration as your big goals. It was those small goals that kept me going to culminate into my first big 75 lbs goal.

Now I feel so accomplished and determined. I KNOW that I will make it to my end goal! What a tremendous feeling.

For those of you who have a lot to lose like me, don't give up! Celebrate even your smallest victories...even things like "Hooray I could do one extra minute exercising!" Every positive thing you say to yourself is an investment that will really pay off. Best of luck to everyone on their journey~

OH... decided to put in some pics. I took these, so when I have days I feel bad/guilty/remorseful... I look at them and remind myself that one bad day hasn't unraveled all my hard work. So I snap out of it, and get back to it the very next day. (As you can see I always dress for the occasion...not!)

Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations!!! What a fantastic achievement!
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

That's amazing, you look great. Congratulations

How are you going about it?
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #4  

Congrats on all your hard work! Seems to me that you're standing up straighter, taller and proud in your second photo...I would be too with that kind of accomplishment!
2annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #5  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your loss so far!
I know what it's like to have a huge loss ahead, because that exactly what I've got. I'd love to be halfway like you are.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

You look great!

Yes, I have felt that it is a never-ending mountain to climb. But, you are halfway there so it's all down-hill from here on!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #7  
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/150/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dybbuk View Post
Each mini goal no matter how small, gets you that much closer to your big goal, and each mini goal is worth just as much celebration as your big goals.

Congratulations! And so true about mini goals. Every little bit is something to celebrate. You look great!
Tilly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! 75 pounds is amazing! You have a lot to celebrate this Thanksgiving! And you're halfway there! You can do it!
Secret Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on the amazing progress....hats off to your spirit. The other day i was telling my husband that i really admire people like u who have a lot to lose. I mean, for them the task looks so daunting that one might never even start.
For u to start and then reach here shows your indomitable will power. I salute u..
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #10  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

Congratulations and thank you for your wonderful message! It really rang home for me, and I know would have also been meaningful at the start of my journey. It is true that every little bit helps! I look forward to hearing about the rest of your journey and successes down the road! Kudos!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/225/150

Height: 5'4

Congratulations Dybbuk!
you look great. I can't wait until I can see results in my pictures!
Catgoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/See Sig/170

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewlu View Post
Congratulations!!! What a fantastic achievement!
Thank you shrewlu!! ^^ Means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVegetables View Post
That's amazing, you look great. Congratulations

How are you going about it?
Thanks a ton! I'm doing Weight Watchers currently, and doing the traditional tracking program. I will say though, exercising regularly has helped me out so much. It's the one thing I've never been able to incorporate into my day to day life. So I bought a treadmill so I always have something to jump on and do. Aside from that it's all the general portion control and limiting certain foods. I have not cut out any food from my diet, just always have in small amounts. (...and if I do have a bigger portion, I do extra running).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2annabelle View Post
Congrats on all your hard work! Seems to me that you're standing up straighter, taller and proud in your second photo...I would be too with that kind of accomplishment!
haha! I noticed that too. Actually at my old weight I had major back problems. All that extra weight, weighed me down and I just had poor posture. Now that I'm lighter I can stand up straight and just feel stronger. Another mini goal worth celebrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletDolphin83 View Post
Congrats on your loss so far!
I know what it's like to have a huge loss ahead, because that exactly what I've got. I'd love to be halfway like you are.
You can do it Violet! What I did was play number games in my head. I'd come up with some goals along the way that were significant enough to celebrate. Like... my next goal is 89.8 lbs lost... which is a weird number, but it marks the first time I'll be in the 100's in a long time. That's only ~15lbs away so it's small enough to keep me focused. Don't get discouraged measuring your progress with how far you are from your end goal. It tends to make you feel overwhelmed when you don't need to be. Just think about how awesome you're doing right now! Your day will come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
You look great!

Yes, I have felt that it is a never-ending mountain to climb. But, you are halfway there so it's all down-hill from here on!
Yes! That's exactly how I look at it... reached the top of the mountain, now I can finally see some small numbers. It's exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly5 View Post

Congratulations! And so true about mini goals. Every little bit is something to celebrate. You look great!
Thank you so much! I personally haven't been super keen on noticing the physical changes but when I put these pics side by side I saw it quick! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Swan View Post
Congratulations! 75 pounds is amazing! You have a lot to celebrate this Thanksgiving! And you're halfway there! You can do it!
Thank you so much!!!! I definitely did celebrate today, and then also ran 3 miles to counter balance it. However I feel so happy that I'm at my mini goal, had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and still managed to get my workout in so I could resume business as usual. What is this called... self control?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamritu View Post
Congratulations on the amazing progress....hats off to your spirit. The other day i was telling my husband that i really admire people like u who have a lot to lose. I mean, for them the task looks so daunting that one might never even start.
For u to start and then reach here shows your indomitable will power. I salute u..
Thank you so much! I salute you back and everyone else that has the 'umph!' to do something about their weight. You are so right though, before I started I would avoid getting on a scale because it was a reality I did not want to face. I never thought in a million years I'd think to myself "I wish I could just lose 100 lbs." when I weighed in that first day of Weight Watchers. The one thing it did teach me is that I can NEVER run away from this again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belovedspirit View Post
Congratulations and thank you for your wonderful message! It really rang home for me, and I know would have also been meaningful at the start of my journey. It is true that every little bit helps! I look forward to hearing about the rest of your journey and successes down the road! Kudos!
Thank you so much, and best of luck on your journey as well. I'm glad my victory will help you to obtain your own. We all have to keep positive, and remind ourselves that even the small things we do are helping. I look forward to your future success story too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgoyle View Post
Congratulations Dybbuk!
you look great. I can't wait until I can see results in my pictures!
Thank you so much!!! I'm sure you will get there too, I want to see your slim piccies as well.
Dybbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #13  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!!!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Wow, congratulations! What a fantastic accomplishment, you are just totally rocking it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'7"

Great job! You should be so proud if yourself.
Veloria is offline   Reply With Quote