3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Woohoo, back on track and gaining speed! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/285937-woohoo-back-track-gaining-speed.html)

kaplods 08-08-2013 01:33 AM

Woohoo, back on track and gaining speed!

Wooh hoo. I've lost 20 of the 35 lbs I regained, in only a month. I haven't lost this fast in 15 years or more.

TooWicky 08-08-2013 12:45 PM

Congratulations and wonderful news :) :bravo:

wishfuiiy 08-08-2013 01:18 PM

yay! congrats.

Kaitie9399 08-08-2013 01:32 PM

Wahoo!!!

fairandfree 08-08-2013 01:39 PM

Wow, impressive! What a good job, and what wonderful news! :D

amandie 08-08-2013 01:56 PM

That is wonderful, Kaplods! So happy for you!

Mozzy 08-08-2013 02:07 PM

Congrats!!!

fadedbluejeans 08-08-2013 02:11 PM

Terrific!

newleaf123 08-08-2013 02:14 PM

I'm really happy for you!!

kaplods 08-09-2013 03:00 PM

Aaaaagh! I spoke too soon and changed my ticker too fast. Damn. I'm up two pounds. I know it's just water weight, because I've been on plan, and because TOM is about a week away, and I often start to retain water about this time (though it's a little early, which usually portends a particularly baaaaad TOM, so I'd better batten the hatches and prepare for stormy seas).

It irks me though because the 299 was a mid-day weight, so it didn't even make it into my "official" daily weight log (I only log first morning weight).

It makes me feel like it was a mirage, and I feel myself yelling inside my head, to my imaginary other selves, "It was real, I tell you, real!"

Oh well, it'll be back.

EatMoreCelery 08-10-2013 09:20 AM

It sounds like you've done really, really well anyway!
:bravo:

betsy2013 08-11-2013 11:35 AM

Great news!!!! (Original post...water weight will go away). Thanks for the inspiration. I'm about to fall off a cliff and need you're can do attitude to keep me from sliding further down this hill.

kaplods 08-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betsy2013 (Post 4813768)
Great news!!!! (Original post...water weight will go away). Thanks for the inspiration. I'm about to fall off a cliff and need you're can do attitude to keep me from sliding further down this hill.

I had to laugh (at myself) when you described me as having a "can do" attitude.

I'll let you (all) in on a little secret, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever whether or not I "can do" this. This meaning losing, not gaining, eating better, moving more, watching, logging...

I always thought I that to succeed at weight loss, I needed to believe in my ability to succeed. When my belief faltered, so did my resolve.

Don't get me wrong, "I can't" thinking is the kiss of death (because it gives you permission to quit).

Just adding a "maybe" to both the "can't dos" and the "can dos" can make all the difference....

Maybe I can do this.

Maybe I can't do this, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

The only thing I've truly changes is that I refuse to turn tail and run. I can run forward, I can walk, I can crawl. I can stand my ground, I can even slide backward... but if I do backslide it's not going to be a freefall. I'm going to be digging and clawing to try to stop the slide. I will not be my own enemy by turning tail and running towards weight gain, poor eating, and lethargy.

When I die on this playing field (and I will, because the game never ends), I don't care quite so much about my "score," but I do want be at least facing the goal, not running in the opposite direction.

Most of the time, my thoughts are more along the lines of, " I probably can't do this, but I'd rather try to succeed and fail than succeed at failing."

The biggest success been has been to abandon the attitude that "Since I'm failing anyway, I can't make it any worse by gaining, so I'm going to not just give up, I'm going to embrace gluttony and sloth as my consolation prize. I'm going to succeed at bingeing and couch sitting."

Yeah, not so much a can do attitude as much as refusing to believe that it's ever not worth the effort to try. Even on my worst days, I try to give it at least a half-assed attempt (though sometimes it's more like quarter-assed).

time2lose 08-13-2013 11:10 AM

Kaplods, I am happy for you! You are an inspiration for me too. I have learned a great deal from you. When I was struggling, I remembered your posts and reminded myself that maintaining is being successful.

While you may not be certain that you can do this, I believe that you can, one pound at a time. You have too much knowledge, common sense, and determination to not!

Quote:

Kaplods originally posted: The biggest success been has been to abandon the attitude that "Since I'm failing anyway, I can't make it any worse by gaining, so I'm going to not just give up, I'm going to embrace gluttony and sloth as my consolation prize. I'm going to succeed at bingeing and couch sitting."
A gem!