Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Hw277/183/167/155

Height: 6'2"

Default Dinner, a movie, and a diet.

So, a few mini goals in one night.

The Fiance took me to a movie and dinner last night. I usually can't watch a movie without popcorn or a snack. Lately, I had been bringing dried fruit to munch on or saving my calories for a small popcorn but last night I was unprepared.

When we walked in, I just looked sadly at the snack options in the theater, then just kept walking. I let it go and watched the movie food-free. Hurray! (God, it's a strange experience.)

Then we went to dinner. The place we ate had the calories on the menu (hurray!) So, I ordered a 300 calorie appetizer which I insisted we split and he (happily) ate the most of.

Then I ordered a 500 calorie entree. When I got my food I could tell there was at least 500 calories of rice on the plate, alone.

When I go out to eat, I always clear my plate, no mater how much food is on it. The past month or so, I've been saving my "cheat days" for times when I knew I was going out and had no real control over calorie counting.

Last night, I not only DIDN'T eat everything on my plate, I also ate an amount that wouldn't put me over my day's allotted calories. Phew!

(hehehe... It wasn't the MOST romantic date since I had numbers running through my head while staring deep into his eyes. But I think as time goes on, all of this stuff I'm learning will be automatic, so it'll be easier to be "present" when I'm around food.)

But anyways, yay.
NeeneeKhaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Way to go!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

That's so awesome!!! I, too, have a hard time going to a movie and walking by the concession stand. I absolutely LOVE movie theater popcorn!! But lately I've been putting blinders on and just avoid it, not because of the calories but because of the salt! Think of how much salt is in that popcorn and how much water it will make you retain! Just the though of seeing a 5lb gain, even if it is just water, is enough for me to bypass it.

It's also really great that you found a restaurant that displays the calorie count! Even though it seemed a bit off, it's at least a starting point where you can guesstimate without being too stressed about it. The restaurants out by me don't display calories, but I've called/emailed a few places ahead of time and sometimes they give me a calorie count on some of the menu items.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #4  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Oh, I admire you all for passing by the popcorn! I managed the same thing last week, seeing the latest Star Trek movie. I took a bar I could eat, and just got into the movie. Luckily, my sweetie doesn't like movie popcorn (can you imagine?).

Good for you Neenee, being so vigilant at the restaurant.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote