My Mini Turned into a Maxi!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Yes, I finally got to my mini-goal of 333 -- the weight I was at in 1997 when I stopped smoking and once again in 2000 (for a duration of approximately the one minute it took me to weigh myself). And I am celebrating that. Can't tell you how good it feels emotionally and physically to be there.

But what turned this mini goal into a maxi for me? I actually stuck with it. It took me almost as long to lose these 11 pounds as the first 50, but instead of just giving up and going back to eating the chocolate, ice cream, and chips -- in pretty much unlimited quantities -- I kept at it. Had some back sliding (lost the same 10 pounds 3 times!), griped quite a bit, and wondered sometimes if I was just "meant" to be this size. But I kept at it. That's new for me. Thus, this mini became a maxi because I really do feel like I can lose 250 pounds now!
  • Way to stick with it. That is really half the battle. Good luck to you in your weight loss goals.
  • Wow that is wonderful!!! Keep up that drive and you will keep accomplishing your goals!
  • Congrats on your goal! I know what you mean about "just "meant" to be this size", I've had that thought many times but it's just not true, as you've proven
  • Way to go!
  • Super congrats!!!
  • Way to go! Just keep pluggin' away and you will get there! You should be super proud of yourself!
  • Oh! I am SO happy for you Betsy!!!!
  • Great job!
    Believe me, I know how hard it is to lose a pound, so you are doing great, keep up the good work!
  • I've been there before...losing and gaining the same weight and just giving up finally. Way to go on sticking with it!! That is the hardest part
  • Congratulations! It's the sticking at it that it just as rewarding as the end result.
  • Thanks all for your words of kindness and support. I think I'm as happy with my sticking to it as I am with the weight loss!
  • Way to go, Betsy!!! Woot! Woot! Keep it up - you are doing amazingly. This shows you are stronger than you thought.
  • Way to hang in there Betsy, I'm so proud of you! My motto is fall down 7 times, stand up 8! That's what you've done and you should be very proud too!
  • Way to go! Congrats