I Am Awesome!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • A little over a year ago, I couldn't walk more than two feet without passing out due to severe lung issues brought on by a cocktail of wonderful diseases and an eventual diagnosis of ARDS complicated with severe asthma. I was on an O2 tank (which is collecting dust in the corner now...AHAHAHAHAHAH!!) and was told to file for disability at the ripe "old" age of 29. I was told, in not so many words, that I would not really have any quality of life. And don't even get me started on those DAMNED stairs leading up to my apartment!!!!

And today, I went a grand total of 3 miles in 30 minutes. I ran 20 minutes of it. AND I RAN UP MY STAIRS FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, WITHOUT A RACING HEART!!!

I still have asthma attacks. I still have emergency trips to the ER. I still have to check my O2 levels multiple times a day. But I am healthier, stronger, and more powerful today than I was last year...and far exceeding that of what doctors thought I would be able to do.

When someone tells you that you can't, do it anyways. When someone tells you it is hopeless, keep hoping. When someone tells you it is over, prove them wrong.

I did these things. And I am not yet done. I. Am. Awesome.

And so are you
  • You are awesome! Keep going!
  • That's incredible and so so inspiring! You ARE awesome!!!
  • I clicked on your post because the title made me smile. Yes, you ARE AWESOME!!!! Congrats and rock on!!!!
  • You are indeed! Well done!
  • Good for you! Congrats!
  • Congrats. You are doing so wonderful and are an inspiration to so many people.

Keep up the good work.
  • You're an inspiration zoesmom!! So happy for you!
  • How wonderful!! Keep up the good work!!
  • You are fantastically awesome!!!
  • That's the spirit! Thanks for sharing and don't forget: You are awesome!!!
  • Thanks everyone I just hope someone who is feeling lost and unable sees this and gets their blood racing and his/her mind going. For years I thought I couldn't. Now I know that it was everyone else thinking I couldn't that shaped my mind. Because I can. And if I can, ANYONE can!!!
  • I have goosebumps reading your post! That is fantastic!! You are awesome for sure!
  • I loved reading this! You are awesome and so inspiring!!
  • Yes you are!!!