My Name is Sarah and I am a Pleateau Survivor!

• Plateau, stall, annoyance...whatever you wanna call it, I didn't budge for 4 weeks! Not an ounce! Some of you may remember my Captains's Log post.Well, I am pleased to say I broke through it! THANK YOU for all of the advice you all shared with me!

Pre-pleateau: 169 lbs, 5 months in to weight loss, lowered net calories to 1200 a day from 1500 and stopped losing.

Mid-Pleateau: 169 lbs the whole time, upped my net calories to 1500, eating 1300 one day and 1700 the next, started Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 program and, most importantly, still stayed on plan every day to bust through!

I wanted to say "SCREW IT!" and I even dropped off 3FC for a bit because I really had nothing to share! It was hard! But, this morning, I saw 166.5, baby! I started noticing a loss yesterday and I am just so freakin' pumped. I DID IT! I read a lot during my short but horrid stall and I learned that stalls/plateaus are extremely normal. So, to anyone out there reading this, it may happen to you but it's true about how you just shake things up and burst through. If I can do it, anyone can!

So, once again, thank you for the amazing, supportive community here on 3FC! I am pumped to jump back into my challenges with enthusiasm! Have an amazing day, all!!!!!
  • That must have been frustrating, but good for you by sticking with your plan and not giving up. I hope it's down, down, down from here!!
  • Congratulations! Well done for pushing through and getting the results!
  • Great job Sarah! I know how frustrating stalls can be.....mine happened back in February/March and lasted 6 weeks! Glad to hear you pushed thru!
  • Super yay! Congrats!!!!
  • Congrats!!! Send your plateau busting vibes this way!!! Mine has been going on for months and months .
  • Congrats to you! I completely understand the patience needed to get over a plateau. I'm just starting week 5 of losing absolutely nothing and 8 weeks of losing a total of 2 pounds!! Like you, I'm sticking with the whole healthy eating thing and exercising and just hoping that one day the scale will again be my friend!
  • congrats! proof that hard work and determination will get you results!
  • VERY nice! I glad you made it! I read your captain log post and I believed in you. Victory.
  • Quote: Plateau, stall, annoyance...whatever you wanna call it, I didn't budge for 4 weeks! Not an ounce! Some of you may remember my Captains's Log post.Well, I am pleased to say I broke through it! THANK YOU for all of the advice you all shared with me!

Pre-pleateau: 169 lbs, 5 months in to weight loss, lowered net calories to 1200 a day from 1500 and stopped losing.

Mid-Pleateau: 169 lbs the whole time, upped my net calories to 1500, eating 1300 one day and 1700 the next, started Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 program and, most importantly, still stayed on plan every day to bust through!

I wanted to say "SCREW IT!" and I even dropped off 3FC for a bit because I really had nothing to share! It was hard! But, this morning, I saw 166.5, baby! I started noticing a loss yesterday and I am just so freakin' pumped. I DID IT! I read a lot during my short but horrid stall and I learned that stalls/plateaus are extremely normal. So, to anyone out there reading this, it may happen to you but it's true about how you just shake things up and burst through. If I can do it, anyone can!

So, once again, thank you for the amazing, supportive community here on 3FC! I am pumped to jump back into my challenges with enthusiasm! Have an amazing day, all!!!!!
    Wow, thanks for sharing! I'm totally going to try this :-)

How long did it take from when you started 1300/1700/Jillian Michaels to when you saw a drop?
  • I started Ripped in 30 and upping my calories on June 1st, so it took a full two weeks to see any changes. This week, though, I recorded a 4 lb loss, which is absolutely unheard of! I think my body finally caught up with what I was doing!
  • Right on! I am in week 3 of one myself. Up down sitting around the same 273!!! Argh!

Your post came at the best time!!