Confidence NSV

• Ok, so this is a bit of a tiny one in the grand scheme of things, but it means alot to me!

I've always been very anxious about going to new places on my own, for fear of looking like an idiot. Today I managed to get up and go to the new pool built by my uni and do 30 lengths all on my own. I managed to ask the girl on the desk where to go etc without feeling like an idiot

Normally I will only go and use exercise facilities in my home town as I lready know the drill there and am confortable with what/when/where/who etc, so today was a llittle step in the right direction for me

• Awesome! Great job. I know this kind of stuff can be scary for some people. It's scary for me!
  • Wool! Go lilsquirrel!
  • Yay! Keep it up!
  • Awesome!!! I love reading NSVs like this one, yay you!!
  • Thanks guys This means alot. Anxiety beat me out of going today, but I'm going to try again tomorrow.

• That is an AWESOME thing...and so empowering! You have every right to feel proud!

I did a similar thing last week...I went into the gym at my complex, and actually worked out..with people there! Like actual more fit than me people! So I totally get where you are coming from Way to go!
  • Good for you!!!!