Finally lost more than 20lbs!

• I've tried to lose weight many many times before, and all those times I really went hard, the most I could ever lose before bouncing back was 20lbs. Technically I'm only 1lb past that but I have no intention to bounce back this time and it feels soooo amazing to see my ticker say 21 lb lost! Huge mental hurdle that I'm more than happy to have behind me now!

Not enough gone for a very noticeable difference in pictures, but hopefully soon. Thanks everyone for all your support and advice!
  • Congrats Thinkfit!!! My first 28 were the defining moment getting out of the 300s. You are well into the 200s in my opinion (even with daily body fluctuations you are solidly in enough to never go back to 300) so you are on your way to go down, down, down!! I'm so happy for you!!
  • Great! I'm glad you've pushed beyond that mental barrier. 20lbs is already a lot! Almost 7% of your starting weight.
  • elvis - honestly the fact that water weight/daily fluctuations won't bring me back up to 300 anymore hadn't even occurred to me yet! That is insanely exciting! I can finally realistically say I will never ever see 300 again - WOW! Thank you for that!

alizarin - Thanks! Me too, it's actually super liberating, in a weird way. Like there's nothing that can stop me now haha. Really? Maybe I should make my next mini goal be shooting for 10% lost
  • Quote: elvis - honestly the fact that water weight/daily fluctuations won't bring me back up to 300 anymore hadn't even occurred to me yet! That is insanely exciting! I can finally realistically say I will never ever see 300 again - WOW! Thank you for that!
    Awww, you are so welcome!! I celebrate every single thing around my numbers, not just the number lost or the new weight number, EVERYTHING!! (When I first wrote it to you, I was hoping you wouldn't be offended! I meant it in the most happy celebrating way! )
  • Quote: Awww, you are so welcome!! I celebrate every single thing around my numbers, not just the number lost or the new weight number, EVERYTHING!! (When I first wrote it to you, I was hoping you wouldn't be offended! I meant it in the most happy celebrating way! )
    Not offensive at all! It's stuff like that that helps keep things in perspective, in my opinion. Losing numbers is great, but saying goodbye to 300 forever is another win entirely.
  • Congrats!