3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   NSV- I'm never shopping at Avenue again! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/276323-nsv-im-never-shopping-avenue-again.html)

HelloNurse 02-23-2013 06:55 PM

NSV- I'm never shopping at Avenue again!

Last night, I noticed that my jeans seemed unattractively baggy. A brief consultation with my boyfriend confirmed as much.

The pants I was wearing had been from Avenue, and were size 18W which is actually one of the smaller sizes they carry. And the day I bought them, the witchy women who work at my local store were very mean to my boyfriend which gave me an even more personal reason to not want to give them any more money. I have trouble shopping at Lane Bryant because everything is so LONG. I'm only 5'2" in shoes, so I hate to spend $40 (or more:() on blue jeans only to trample the hems off.

So, hoping not to throw any more money at that Avenue, and knowing I can't do Lane Bryant, we ran out to Old Navy.

Sisters, not only did I manage to buy two pairs of jeans that fit me gorgeously, they weren't even the largest size in there.

I know Old Navy does vanity sizing, but I don't care since the sizing of women's clothing is more or less arbitrary anyway. The victory is that I have a great pair of jeans from a non-plus-size store for the first time in years. I did a happy dance from the dressing room, to the cash register, to the car. I looked a total fool and didn't even care!

elvislover324 02-23-2013 07:28 PM

So happy for you!! All you ladies are making me want to stop by Old Navy and at least TRY!

HelloNurse 02-23-2013 09:54 PM

Do it! Looking at your numbers, I think you'll be able to find something. I don't care about vanity sizing, or the number on the tag. It feels so good to walk out of a normal store with some clothes that I loved. I got two pairs of jeans and a stack of shirts for about 80 bucks; shopping at plus-size stores it's easy to spend that on just the pants! Old Navy used to be always my favorite place to stock up on wardrobe basics cheaply. You can find shirts for like 3-8 bucks, easily.

I swear I do not work, nor am I sponsored by Old Navy.

Misti in Seattle 02-23-2013 10:06 PM

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Mozzy 02-24-2013 01:17 AM

Super yay!!!!

Kitcherella 02-24-2013 03:37 AM

Oh the joy of shopping at a 'regular' store! :cloud9:

betsy2013 02-24-2013 01:56 PM

A regular store??????? Wait, I'm sure that my brain will eventually remember what one of those is! Congratulations. Happy dance all day!

Kaitie9399 02-24-2013 03:56 PM

Wahoo!

What does NSV mean?

butterflyphreek 02-25-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaitie9399 (Post 4644727)
Wahoo!

What does NSV mean?

Non Scale Victory!!

Congratulations!!!:dizzy:

Radiojane 02-25-2013 03:56 PM

Woohoo!

You've inspired me! I recently put on a couple 2X tops I got as goal shirts at Salvation Army, and now I'm almost ready to dip my toes into the normal size shops here I know that carry tops in those sizes.

elvislover324 02-25-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloNurse (Post 4644078)
Do it! Looking at your numbers, I think you'll be able to find something. I don't care about vanity sizing, or the number on the tag. It feels so good to walk out of a normal store with some clothes that I loved. I got two pairs of jeans and a stack of shirts for about 80 bucks; shopping at plus-size stores it's easy to spend that on just the pants! Old Navy used to be always my favorite place to stock up on wardrobe basics cheaply. You can find shirts for like 3-8 bucks, easily.

I swear I do not work, nor am I sponsored by Old Navy.

You inspired me to try on the Old Navy jeans again that I got from the Goodwill about 6 weeks ago (for a whopping $2.50!). When I tried them on when I bought them, couldn't even get up the zipper nevermind wear them. A couple of weeks ago I wore them out to the store quick but they were still a bit tight. Yesterday I wore them all day long!!! Because of you I was brave enough to try them again!! And now there will be a shopping trip to Old Navy this week to try on some more, whoo hoo! (I'm totally blaming you too when I come home with bags and my husband asks why I went against my own decision to not buy any clothes for a while lol!!!)