Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 219/202.6/160

Height: 5'10"

Default I feel like I don't deserve my reward for my mini goal

Hello everyone. I have only posted on 3FC a couple of times, but I read posts all the time to get ideas and support.

I have struggled my whole life with being overweight and with the new year I decided it was my time. After years of failed diets I figured I would do it the old fashioned way by eating well and exercise. I eat veggies, fruit, whole grains.. All that good stuff, and cut out all the crap. I am counting my calories (I aim for 1500 a day) and I drink water and tea only. The big thing for me, and I know not everyone is the same, but eating small regular meals has been great for me. I don't go more than 3 hours with at least a little something. I also work out 5-6 times a week with zumba, swimming, walking and sometimes the treadmill (even though I find it painfully boring).

ANYWAY, I feel like I don't deserve my 10 pound mini goal reward of a mani pedi because after 2 weeks of this "lifestyle change" I am down 12 pounds. I feel like I didn't have to even work for it. I know some was probably water weight, but even my pants are getting loose and I had to do my belt tighter. I started at 219 pounds and 5'10, but I think I hid the weight well. People thought I was 175-180, I have a lot of muscle and my bone structure is pretty big. I know when people are very large you can see big drops in weight like that, but I really wasn't super large.

Maybe 1500 calories is too low? I think I will wait for my next weigh in to see if I start to regulate with 1-2 lbs lost. I also think I will up my mini goal reward to 20 lbs.
aeliz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You get a little bit of a woosh at the beginning with water weight. The best way to judge whether you're eating enough calories is how you feel. Do you have energy? Are you sleeping well? Or are you tired, headachy and grumpy? If you're too low for the amount of exercise you're doing, you may just stall out too. Play around.

You have worked for it. You've made changes some people are NEVER strong enough to make. If you really don't feel right about the pedi, push it to 15 pounds. I struggled with this a bit too. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like work, and for some crazy reason, that makes me feel guilty! It's insane thinking. We are doing good!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #3  

Yes! It's a weird guilt thing. In my head 10 pounds seems like such a huge loss that will take forever, but it was easy. I am having trouble wrapping my head around it.

I feel great. I used to a,ways be tired. Always. Now I can stay awake in class, pay attention, I am sleeping well at night, I haven't had any headaches... So I guess everything is in check. I am surprised with the headaches though because I have tried going cold turkey with no fast food or junk food and I would get KILLER headaches, but not this time. I guess this time around my mind is on board with the diet and not just me saying I wish I would lose weight.

Thank you. Wood hoo
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #4  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

It's good that you're feeling better! I went through some wicked detox symptoms when I cut the crap out of my diet.

I just wanted to add that your mind is going to play insane tricks on you all through this process. It's a mental change as well as a physical one.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #5  

My opinion is...you DO deserve it!!! You did work for it!!! You did fabulous getting the first 12lbs off!! Just by making the decision to start your plan and implementing a few changes, you are on track to continue your success!!!

The next 10 won't come off as easy (in my experience) so even if your mini-goals are in increments of 10, don't feel like you are going to be at the spa every other week. It gets a little tougher for us to earn every pound lost!

I think you should get your mani/pedi and enjoy it, celebrate your success and keep doing what you are doing!!

So happy for you!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #6  

This forum is fabulous. Couldn't do this without you all.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mini goals are great if you need them, but if you don't need it right now, then don't do it! Maybe set one 10 pounds further. Or, if you are having a rough week, make it a "Stay on plan for X amount of days" reward instead of a pounds lost reward.

I don't do rewards, but I have allowed myself to spend money on myself - something I never do. I bought some fitness gizmos and recently some personal training sessions at the gym. I figure, anything that makes this journey easier and more fun is fair game!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I think you deserve the mani/pedi!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

I think you deserve it! Ten pounds is a great achievement, whether some of it was water or not. Enjoy the pampering, you earned it!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:24 AM   #10  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

I know how you feel. I think most of us feel that way when we start out for real. I know I did. I was like this cant really be happening so easily can it? but it does if your true to yourself and do all you can to accomplish well then its going to happen. Great job you do deserve that mani pedi! Enjoy it!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #11  

Thank you everyone I am going to get my mani-pedi this weekend, and then I am going to stop minimizing my goals. Y'all rock!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
The next 10 won't come off as easy (in my experience) so even if your mini-goals are in increments of 10, don't feel like you are going to be at the spa every other week. It gets a little tougher for us to earn every pound.

So happy for you!!!
yup. My first 12 came off in a hurry too. Now I am fighting for every pound. But this doesn't negate the first 12. It didn't come off by magic! Go and enjoy!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 AM   #13  

Yeah, I'm so glad that you're giving yourself your reward! It doesn't matter if it was 'easy' or not, you met your goal and you deserve your reward!

Congrats!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #14  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on meeting your goal! You should reward yourself for simply starting on making healthier choices. It doesn't matter if it was easy, its still something YOU did.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote