Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 373/364/190

Height: 5'11

Red face First mini-goal!

Let me introduce myself...

I'm a 26 year old nursing student in Tampa, Florida. I have always been the fat girl, from grade school on. Last February or so, Something finally kicked in ( Im giving credit to new anti-depressants) I started working out regularly, and eating the way we've always been told to. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, small meals during the day, minimal fat and sugar, lots of water... nothing new, no fads, just trying to be healthy.

IT WORKED! By September, I was down from about 365 (don't know for sure, couldnt find a scale that went high enough) to 290. Then it went downhill... I lost my job (which i was miserable at anyway) and really delved into my depression. I moved back home (to start school) where there's always take out, junk food, and large wonderful meals cooked. It started to pile on again. I knew I was regaining, but I didnt know how much.

At the end of this September, my gym had a renewal special going on, with encouragement from my mom, I went for it. I got weighed in October 1st at 372. Probably the heaviest I've ever been. I was devestated. But, I'm moving forward.

It's only been about 3 weeks since I started back up again, so far it's going pretty well. I've been browsing on this site for a couple days now, and the support here is fantastic, and I'm hoping will help me stick with it for good this time.

Sorry for the long post...

I'm brand new here, and want to dive in head first! I'm setting my first mini-goal as a 10 lb loss by Nov. 1. I'm nervous!!!!
TPA sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #2  
wonderful shrinking woman

S/C/G: Lbs: 400/T*2.2/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on meeting your first mini-goal. May it be the first of many.

I can relate to your story, except I've had more setbacks than you. I'm determined this time and so far, so good. My not-so-secret secret is calorie counting. I've said it before but this has been the easiest 50 lb. loss that I've ever experienced and it's a method that I intend to use for life.

So, welcome. I think you'll find this to be a friendly, helpful place to be.
sistah phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #3  
lilmomma2011

Welcome to 3fatchicks! You can do this!
bigprettymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome and good luck on your goals! I used to live in Tampa, or more specifically, Riverview. Beautiful place, sometimes I'm sad I left! You definitely have a lot of food temptations there, so congrats on your resolve!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 141/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome to 3FC Congrats!
Blue Jeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5ft 3 in

Welcome I'm new as well and live on Orlando. All we can do is pick our selves up and get back to it. The one thing you shouldn't do is beat yourself, finally learned this myself. It only makes it harder to move forward. Say yhe things to yourself that you would say to a friend who was trying to lose weight. The things we say to ourselves is so much worse than what other people say so don't get hung up on what was, move forward you can do this, we can do this!
Bricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #7  
i will win this time!

S/C/G: 267/244/150

Height: 5'6

Default keep going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA sun View Post
Let me introduce myself...

I'm a 26 year old nursing student in Tampa, Florida. I have always been the fat girl, from grade school on. Last February or so, Something finally kicked in ( Im giving credit to new anti-depressants) I started working out regularly, and eating the way we've always been told to. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, small meals during the day, minimal fat and sugar, lots of water... nothing new, no fads, just trying to be healthy.

IT WORKED! By September, I was down from about 365 (don't know for sure, couldnt find a scale that went high enough) to 290. Then it went downhill... I lost my job (which i was miserable at anyway) and really delved into my depression. I moved back home (to start school) where there's always take out, junk food, and large wonderful meals cooked. It started to pile on again. I knew I was regaining, but I didnt know how much.

At the end of this September, my gym had a renewal special going on, with encouragement from my mom, I went for it. I got weighed in October 1st at 372. Probably the heaviest I've ever been. I was devestated. But, I'm moving forward.

It's only been about 3 weeks since I started back up again, so far it's going pretty well. I've been browsing on this site for a couple days now, and the support here is fantastic, and I'm hoping will help me stick with it for good this time.

Sorry for the long post...

I'm brand new here, and want to dive in head first! I'm setting my first mini-goal as a 10 lb loss by Nov. 1. I'm nervous!!!!
congrats on getting back on! i too fall off but i consider it "life" testing me to see how much i want it.
want2bebak2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 373/364/190

Height: 5'11

Well, I weighed in today, the first time since I started. I lost 8 lbs, BMI went from 51.9 to 50.9, % body fat went from 49.5 to 48.7.

While everything is moving in the right direction, I'm pretty bummed I didnt lose my goal of 10lbs (which is a goal my dr. gave me).

BUT I'll take any progress I can get, and just gotta keep at it!

I've been checking in here rather often, and I hafta say that the support here is freakin' amazing. And there are so many people that are so inspirational, it has strengthened my resolve to get healthy for good this time. I'll be back often, and plan to post some photos soon!
TPA sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: H:220/SO:183/C:177.1/G:128

Height: 5'3.5"

Congrats on taking that first step! You can achieve anything you set your mind to. Just keep working hard and you'll get to goal sooner than you think! Vigilience, determination, and hard work are your best friends! Oh, and all of us here at 3FC! If you ever need a hug or a kick in the pants, just come on by and we'll be here for either (or both).
2Dy2MrwAlwys is offline   Reply With Quote