NSV today!

• I have been feeling like I wasn't doing something right lately. Since Monday I have weighed exactly 216, without the scale moving daily. (It normally goes up and down by .2 each day) Anyway, I have just begun going on fast walks and slow jogs, so I couldn't figure out why I was staying the same. (Though I know healthy eating for weight loss and exercise for fitness). So, despite feeling bloated, and unmotivated today I decided to try on a pair of pants someone bought me two years ago (when I gained all this weight). For most of my life I was a size 12, and for my height I looked pretty slim. But after having my son in 2009, I blew up to 251 pounds. The pants that I was given were size 16. I have been wearing a 20-22 since 2009. Today I tried on the 16 and they were almost too big! So I did a happy dance It made my day much better.

• PERFECT NSV to keep you motivated for sure!
  • lovely feeling!
  • That's great! It shows you're losing inches, and that affects how you look more than the number on the scale! How long did it take to get to 216 from 251?
  • that's fantastic! Way to go
  • Congratulations! I'll bet you feel positively skinny! You go girl!
  • Thanks everyone! I feel so much better, so I look forward to the end result! I am sure you all know the feeling!

Mountain Mamma, I started trying to lose weight last year and would lose 5-10 and gain back within a week. So, I decided to start counting calories in July of this year. I used MyFitnessPal to track what I normally ate in a day and the amount of calories was soooooo high! Sometimes I would eat fastfood for breakfast and lunch, and dinner. Two hamburgers at a time and still not feel satisfied. It was due to a lack of determination, willpower, and just plain stupid! Ha. After I realized how much I was eating, I decided to stay in between 1200-1400 calories a day. The weight has just fallen off since then. It took me 8 weeks to get to 216. I know that is extremely fast, and it scares me..but I know that I have to maintain my weight once I reach my goal. I am determined this time, and feel confident that I can do it. ESPECIALLY with the support on 3FC!