Non scale-victory

• I have a couple of minor non scale victories I wanted to share, both happened at my training session this evening:

today was the first day back to "regular" training schedule, a few of us trained through the summer, but a bunch did not because they travelled, were resting injuries, etc. One of my gym buddies who hadn't seen me since mid-july noticed my weight loss and said that I look great. When I told him I still have a ways to go he said the sweetest words "no you don't, you would be too thin" (haha, but still, sweet!).
    And my backhandsprings were higher and cleaner than before (this has been happening gradually of course), and that is purely because my legs have 15 pounds less to propel into the air, so that is a major achievement for me. The victory though was that my regular coach who also has not seen me in a few weeks commented on it! I want to start competing and getting better flights is so important. So a great great session and a great great day today!!
  • Congratulations!
  • That sounds awesome!!! I used to do gymnastics from the time I was little through high school... God, what I would give to be able to do a back handspring again... I actually thought about doing something crazy like getting a trampoline so I could do some back flips again out in the back yard... But I'm pretty sure everyone would think I had completely lost my mind...lol...!!!

But that would definitely be a great NSV for me... So definitely enjoy yours, it sounds like you really earned it... Way to go...!!!
  • Way to go, that's amazing!
  • Congratulations!
  • Great job!