Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #1  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Another 7lbs. Down...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 01-26-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #2  

If you don't drink water, you actually retain any water you do get, and that actually leads to you having excess water weight. If you drink a lot of water, it actually flushes out some of the salt that you do eat during the day, which helps and then you won't retain water.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #3  

You're very welcome. I know how the love hate relationship with the scale works, for sure. I have 85 lbs to go until I'm at my goal and I hate that it's going so slowly. What about making a list of reasons you're losing weight and also be sure to include reasons why you want to do it in a healthy way rather than in bad ways. A few reasons could be that if you starve yourself, as soon as you stop, your body will freak out and gain weight back because it will turn what you're eating into fat since it's not sure when you'll eat normally again. Another reason could be that you want to do it in a healthy way because then you can be a role model for anyone else wanting to lose weight. I look up to anyone who has had to lose weight, especially if they've had to lose a lot of weight. Anyway I hope this helps The list idea is great. I made a list of why I want to lose weight and why I wanna do it in a healthy way and I put it on my door so I see it every time I leave my room and it's helping a lot, so maybe it will help you, too.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #4  
Lisa Bean

S/C/G: 231/217/160

Height: 5'8"

I lost three this week but I started drinking more water instead of less, a friend told me to drink more, water is great for your weight loss efforts I agree with that!
Good job to you, I hope to accomplish what you have someday!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/195.5/140

Amazing!!! x
Old 08-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I recommend spending part of the day thinking about what you really want from weight loss. Do you want to lose a couple of pounds of water and maybe an extra 1/3lb of fat, but risk your health and the (likely) possibility of your appetite coming back as uncontrollable? Or do you want sustainable fat loss?

These are the thoughts that keep me on a more balanced plan. I've also had those frenetic ideas going through my mind, but I just have to remember that there's a difference in forcing the scale to move through any means necessary and changing my body in a good way.
Closed Thread