Mini-goals and rewards

• Hey everyone!

I am having trouble trying to come up with with mini-goals and then rewards for my mini-goals.
    As a jobless college kid, it needs to be semi-cheap as I have 50 a month for extras.

Any ideas are appreciated!!

Thanks
    B
  • Your mini goals could include staying on plan for a month, weight loss in increments of 10 lbs, fitting in certain size clothes, things like that. Rewards is something I have been thinking about myself and it all depends on the kind of things you like. You could treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure, or even cheaper than that you could buy a new color nail polish that you love. You could give yourself $5 or $10 to a "big reward bank" and save for a reward that might be more expensive than you could normally spend each month. I would stay away from any kind of food as a reward. HTH!
  • : )
    thanks for the advice!!
  • I made it to my 1st mini goal!!! I was so happy that I got teary-eyed!
    (In 2007 I lost a whole bunch of weight only to gain it back and then some. My first mini-goal was to get down to my 2007 starting weight of 312 since this time I was starting out at 330. I did it.) My next mini-goal is to get to 299. Under 300! And I have set a challenge for myself to lose it by Labor Day. So I need to lose 13 lbs in a month. I can do it! If I lose 12 lbs every single month between now and my wedding date I will be at my goal weight!
  • That's awesome!! You can totally do it! When is the wedding?!
  • Go to your friends and family and tell them you are having problems coming up with rewards for yourself when you hit those goals. You'll be amazed how supportive they are. I am a very non-materialistic gal, don't like all the girlie things, and my hobby is baking. I was at a loss! So, my husband set it for me. At fifteen pounds (WHICH WAS TODAY!!!! ) he will be taking me out on an honest to god date without our three year old...I can't think of the last time that happened! When I have lost 30 pounds, he is going to give me $50 out of his personal money to buy a new outfit. At 50 pounds, HE is going to stop smoking (which IS a goal for me!) and so on. None of it is big..but all of it is very meaningful. So instead of me rewarding myself, my husband is doing it for me. He knows I will stress over my little rewards so he took that off my shoulders. My big reward on the other hand, I have that one figured out

Kudos Chubbygirl on the weeding...you can do it!
  • Those are great ideas! And congrats on the mini-goal!!!! and I love the thing about the 50 pounds/smoking! That is a great one.
  • My mini goals are in my signature. Hopefully its a good example = ]

I like mine, and they are spread pretty evenly over my total loss goal. I have specific increments picked out for taking pictures of the losses as well so that I can see the progress. I don't necessarily have any special thing that I do when I reach a goal, other than post here and do 'the scale dance'. I do have a new wardrobe reward though when I do reach my maintenance weight.
  • Weddings are such good motivation for weight loss. Good luck and congrats on getting married!!
  • I am leaning towards the put a little bit of money for each workout and then when I hit the big one have a little money jar makeover. : )