3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Down a classification! lol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/263892-down-classification-lol.html)

TheVikingNinja 08-01-2012 08:24 AM

Down a classification! lol

So I was classified as "Morbidly obese" with a BMI of over 40.4. My highest was 46.2. It really messed with my head having a phrase like that describing me. But as of my last weigh in my BMI is 39.6 putting me at "Severely Obese".
Okay, it still sounds terrible, the terminology they use is awful, but I'm just happy I am making progress!!! Severe sounds better than morbidly at least haha
So, since I started I have lost (drumroll please) 42 pounds!!
Not at my second goal yet, but I am getting there!!!
Oh and
<----new pic of me now :)

:carrot::broc::cb:

tinneranne2 08-01-2012 09:09 AM

42lbs is an amazing loss! Congratulations!!!!

Its true the terminology isn't the most sensitive...My friend went to the doctor recently and he categorized her spike in weight as "catastrophic weight gain". No lie.

Meka150 08-01-2012 09:26 AM

Congrats TheVikingNinja I'm looking forward to the same thing. Morbidly sounds so so bad.

Tinneranne2 you just have to love doctors. I'm like I'm a person this is not a class don't tell me what your textbook said.

TheVikingNinja 08-01-2012 12:29 PM

Yeah, doctors don't mean to be most times, but they are jerks lol
Thanks guys :)
It's good for my mental state just to know I'm making progress. Soon enough I will be just "overweight" which I can totally deal with lol
these classes aren't user-friendly. :p

Summersweety 08-01-2012 02:32 PM

Great Job! I can't wait for the day when my Wii Fit doesn't say "you are obese"!

1yr2mkovr 08-01-2012 03:18 PM

That's fantastic!!! Good for you!!!

42 lbs is really amazing! And despite what the classification says, all the doctors say that losing even 5% body fat is a huge help for the health of your body!!!

I'm all about the classicifications... My goal this month is to get out of the obese category all together. I have a long wat to get there (about 14 lbs) but I HATE that word!!!!

dancinginpaint 08-01-2012 03:26 PM

Awesome! Congrats on your 42lbs! Inspiring. :)

alitorry 08-01-2012 05:54 PM

Great job! Keep up the good work! Before you know it, it'll be another 40 lbs :)

TiffNeedsChange 08-01-2012 06:07 PM

woohoo!! awesome :)

Hotaruchan 08-03-2012 08:34 AM

Congratulations! Yeah...the terminology sucks, but 42 lbs is fantastic! Keep it up!

Also, this seems to be where all of the Connecticut people are...no one's heard of my hometown except for theater nerds, but I went to high school in Middletown, CT.

EDIT: ...okay, so there were only 2 CT people I'm not good at the counting thing :p

TheVikingNinja 08-06-2012 06:10 AM

what's your hometown? just wondering. i travel around a lot with my dad for work.

LebenAlles 08-06-2012 12:51 PM

Congrats!! You're at the weight I'm hoping to be by the end of September so it gives me hope! Keep on keepin on :)

luckystreak 08-06-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinneranne2 (Post 4423437)
42lbs is an amazing loss! Congratulations!!!!

Its true the terminology isn't the most sensitive...My friend went to the doctor recently and he categorized her spike in weight as "catastrophic weight gain". No lie.

But this brings up the question: is this really so wrong to use?

If a doctor kept saying "you've gained a lot of weight" and BMIs read only "Big" for example instead of the "harsh" adjectives they use, maybe alot less people wouldn't feel the urgency to lose the weight.

I agree it's not good for the ego but maybe somethings shouldn't be in my opinion...

OP, congrats on the weight loss! :)

katiekish 08-06-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summersweety (Post 4423936)
Great Job! I can't wait for the day when my Wii Fit doesn't say "you are obese"!

THIS. YES. hahaha... that's the worst!!

Congrats on losing 42 lbs! that's amazing!

mimsyborogoves 08-06-2012 02:48 PM

OMG I hate the Wii Fit thing! "That's OBESE!" He even sounds disgusted, ugh, lol.

Congrats on the 42lbs!!