Tossing out the 20s!

• I've been fitting into my size 18 jeans about a month but something occurred to me. I've been holding onto my size 20-24 jeans with the mentality of "what if I need them again?". This kind of thinking just wont work because I have to be positive. As soon as I figure out what box the others are in, they're going to donate (except for one pair cuz in the winter I'll wear like shorts and pants under jeans on the worst days lol). Here's to thinking positive!
  • Congrats to you!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!
  • Woohoo! That's awesome!
  • Thanks! Its hard to not think I'll get back up to those sizes but I'm wondering if that's part of why I always regained weight in the past figuring I had clothes if I went back up
  • very nice
  • That's amazing! going through the same thing, but at the same time, I tell myself getting rid of them is great motivation to keep it off!
  • GREAT Move!!!!!!

i dont' think that you necessarilly regained weight because you knew those clothes were there, but rather, you were probably psychologically prepared to "fail" and keeping those clothes was like proof -- your subconscious probably saying; I knew you'd be back.

So go for it!!!! Throw them away!!! Because you ain't ever going back
  • Fantastic! I can't wait to toss my 20's out!
  • Yay! Actually, I've been wearing the same pair of jeans for months now, waiting to get rid of them! I refuse to invest in another pair of 20s- might as well get some use out of these ones until they start getting too baggy.
  • Keep up the great work and yes get rid of ALL your clothes that fits too big. You will never fit into it again!
  • That's great! I donated a big stack of 16-18's to Goodwill a couple weeks ago. I bought 4 pairs of capris last week size 14. Just this weekend I went through all the tops, XL, 1X and 2X went into a bag cause yesterday I bought some size Large tops,. I haven't worn a size large for years!
  • Awesome!! I love throwing out clothes that are far too loose. Feels like liberation!
  • Thanks everyone!Its tough to replace a can-fail attitude to a can-do one lol been struggling a lil lately but gave away a lot of my bad foods today and bought all fruits and veggies today! Hoping to toss out my 18s sometime soon
  • I Started in a loose 28 and I recently got rid of sizes 24-28 wearing the size 22s now I'm down to size 20s. I haven't worn a 20 since high school and I have no plans of going back up.