Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/129/120

Height: 5'5

Default Several mini-goals accomplished....one more to go...

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I joined a couple of weeks ago, but I'm just having a chance to post.

Here's my story:

I grew up quite skinny. I ate like a horse, often challenging myself to eat whole pizzas by myself when I was a kid. I was skinny, but active...we had recess in school, I rode my bike around the neighborhood. I was always running around playing with my friends. I didn't eat lunch at school because the food was gross, so that was probably a reason why I was so hungry all the time. My sister used to say I had a worm inside me because of my appetite. I also loved sweets back then. It was amazing that I didn't have problems with blood sugar as a kid. I was extremely skinny up until about 10th grade when I slowly started to gain weight. I was also a growing teenager.

I was never conscious about my weight and thought I had a nice body, but in 10th grade, I started to gain a few pounds and for the first time, it was brought to my attention that I was starting to get overweight. This was also around the time I stopped being active. I still didn't eat the school lunches...I instead would get Gatorade and Doritos (2 bags) and have that for lunch daily. I gained some weight...wearing a size 14. I eventually got down to a 12.

Finally, I graduated...the first semester of college was rough due to personal problems and I lost some weight or at least some inches. After that though, it was fast food nonstop and large amounts of crappy dorm food. When I started college, I weighed 137lbs. When I was done with undergrad, I weighed 178 and my face was fuller, my belly was huge and I hated looking at myself in the mirror. I wanted to do something about it before I reached 180. I procrastinated in getting serious and my weight stayed about the same. I joined Curves and was a paying member for about a year or so and I went off and on at least 3x a week. I got down to about 154 doing Curves and later adding jogging a few times a week. I was really proud and told myself I wanted to get down to 145, then 140, then 135, then 130 depending on how I felt my body was looking.

I then gained more weight after dating an overweight guy who loved eating junk food. I was back up to about 163 :-( ...times were tough money-wise, so I stopped eating all the time. I cooked more and eat more healthily. I got a discounted membership to a regular gym and started working out 3-4 times a week. In the summer, I added jogging. I lost 20 lbs and then another few pounds after that.

I got a new job and moved...I was 135!!!! The, I gained weight and was back up to about 140. I got a personal trainer (my first) for three months...cardio/weights and lost the weight. I was down to 132, but I still didn't like my body. It wasn't toned and I jiggled in places that should not jiggle. I joined a running club, do an independent gym regimen, and kickboxing. I will also be adding bikram yoga. I'm about 129 now, but I'd like to get back down to 120...a weight I knew once and that suited me well...that is me when I'm toned and my belly is flat. That is my new major goal, but the weight is not as important to me as firming up and flattening my stomach. If I can accomplish that and my weight doesn't change, I'll be okay with that. All of my mini (formerly major) goals have been reached so I know I can reach this last one. Once I reach it, it will be all about maintaining it.

Thanks for reading my looong weightloss life story!

I've attached a pic with some before and afters. I look pretty much the same as the most recent pic in my attachment
HazelGirl is offline   Reply With Quote