Hit 20lbs today!

• I'm so damn proud of myself. I know it's only 20 lbs, but it's the most I've ever lost, and the longest I've ever stuck to it. And there are so many NSV's that go along with 20lbs lost. I can wrap a towel around me. I can chase my 4 year old without getting winded. I can RUN up a flight of stairs. I can wear cute panties again! I enjoy exercise now. And my insomnia is all but gone. Food has become fuel instead of an obsession. And I don't feel deprived or hungry, just healthier.
    I realized that I drive by 2 burger kings, a taco bell, a Wendy's, a McDonalds, a KFC, and a ton more places on the way home from work every night. A year ago I would have stopped at one of those places 9 nights out of ten. Today I don't even see them. I'm so proud of my 20lbs, and all the good things that have replaced them.
    Happy Easter everyone!
  • Amazing job! Keep up the good work!
  • oh, that's wonderful!!!!!!

and your stats are so close to mine (but no way i can run after my 5yr old so clearly i have a ways to go on that front) that i think i'm gonna make you my inspiration.

hopefully in a week or two i'll be copying and pasting your post in here (without the chasing the kid or wearing the cute panties - you're also lucky there: i have a big ol' booty and they just don't make cute panties in my size yet. i'd have to, i dunno, iron a bunch of hello kitty decals onto my granny panties)
  • Congrats! You should feel proud of yourself. Not only is 20 a huge accomplishment, but all those NSVs - it really goes to show you how worth it this is, and how much of a whole lifestyle change it is. Keep enjoying life!
  • That's great!!! congratulations You are really headed in the right direction!
  • Quote: oh, that's wonderful!!!!!!

and your stats are so close to mine (but no way i can run after my 5yr old so clearly i have a ways to go on that front) that i think i'm gonna make you my inspiration.

hopefully in a week or two i'll be copying and pasting your post in here (without the chasing the kid or wearing the cute panties - you're also lucky there: i have a big ol' booty and they just don't make cute panties in my size yet. i'd have to, i dunno, iron a bunch of hello kitty decals onto my granny panties)
    Aww shucks. Inspiration....me? That'd be a first.
    They make cute panties for big 'l bootys, I know cuz I wear 'em.

Thanks so much everyone. Its so nice to have a place to boast a little. I think the hubby gets tired of hearing about every little ounce I lose. He's supportive and says 'yay' for me, but Im sure is getting a little bored with it all.
  • maybe for the meantime but watch how fast his interest picks up again once Carlos at the grocery store starts wiggling his eyebrows in your direction and flashing that cheezy Latin Lover grin....

• great job!!
  • great job!!!! its not juuuust 20lbs.... IT IS 20 FLIPPIN LBS!!!!! Great Job!!!!
  • Quote: great job!!!! its not juuuust 20lbs.... IT IS 20 FLIPPIN LBS!!!!! Great Job!!!!
    I totally agree i'm at 19 lbs and i'm around like its a 100.
  • Quote: I'm so damn proud of myself. I know it's only 20 lbs, but it's the most I've ever lost, and the longest I've ever stuck to it. And there are so many NSV's that go along with 20lbs lost. I can wrap a towel around me. I can chase my 4 year old without getting winded. I can RUN up a flight of stairs. I can wear cute panties again! I enjoy exercise now. And my insomnia is all but gone. Food has become fuel instead of an obsession. And I don't feel deprived or hungry, just healthier.
    I realized that I drive by 2 burger kings, a taco bell, a Wendy's, a McDonalds, a KFC, and a ton more places on the way home from work every night. A year ago I would have stopped at one of those places 9 nights out of ten. Today I don't even see them. I'm so proud of my 20lbs, and all the good things that have replaced them.
    Happy Easter everyone!
    Congrats. I hit 20 today...and could have wrote your post. Isn't it a great feeling?
  • Great job lovely!!!!!