3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Mini-Goals

Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Hit 20lbs today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Micki k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 167

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Hit 20lbs today!

I'm so damn proud of myself. I know it's only 20 lbs, but it's the most I've ever lost, and the longest I've ever stuck to it. And there are so many NSV's that go along with 20lbs lost. I can wrap a towel around me. I can chase my 4 year old without getting winded. I can RUN up a flight of stairs. I can wear cute panties again! I enjoy exercise now. And my insomnia is all but gone. Food has become fuel instead of an obsession. And I don't feel deprived or hungry, just healthier.
I realized that I drive by 2 burger kings, a taco bell, a Wendy's, a McDonalds, a KFC, and a ton more places on the way home from work every night. A year ago I would have stopped at one of those places 9 nights out of ten. Today I don't even see them. I'm so proud of my 20lbs, and all the good things that have replaced them.
Happy Easter everyone!
__________________
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Weight Watchers Fanatic
 
DrivenByAmbition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,435

S/C/G: 238.8/178.4/163

Height: 5'9"

Default

Amazing job! Keep up the good work!
__________________
Current Weight: 178.4 Goal Weight: 163 March WW Goals

Gluten-free January 2014 WW Re-start February 2014- Not stopping until at goal!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
threenorns
 
Posts: n/a

Default

oh, that's wonderful!!!!!!

and your stats are so close to mine (but no way i can run after my 5yr old so clearly i have a ways to go on that front) that i think i'm gonna make you my inspiration.

hopefully in a week or two i'll be copying and pasting your post in here (without the chasing the kid or wearing the cute panties - you're also lucky there: i have a big ol' booty and they just don't make cute panties in my size yet. i'd have to, i dunno, iron a bunch of hello kitty decals onto my granny panties)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
roncygal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 26

S/C/G: 173/169/125

Height: 5'5

Default

Congrats! You should feel proud of yourself. Not only is 20 a huge accomplishment, but all those NSVs - it really goes to show you how worth it this is, and how much of a whole lifestyle change it is. Keep enjoying life!
roncygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
I'm doing this!
 
alitorry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: socal
Posts: 406

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Default

That's great!!! congratulations You are really headed in the right direction!
__________________
~ Alisha ~
began weight loss journey Jan 6, 2012
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Micki k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 167

S/C/G: 240/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by threenorns View Post
oh, that's wonderful!!!!!!

and your stats are so close to mine (but no way i can run after my 5yr old so clearly i have a ways to go on that front) that i think i'm gonna make you my inspiration.

hopefully in a week or two i'll be copying and pasting your post in here (without the chasing the kid or wearing the cute panties - you're also lucky there: i have a big ol' booty and they just don't make cute panties in my size yet. i'd have to, i dunno, iron a bunch of hello kitty decals onto my granny panties)
Aww shucks. Inspiration....me? That'd be a first.
They make cute panties for big 'l bootys, I know cuz I wear 'em.

Thanks so much everyone. Its so nice to have a place to boast a little. I think the hubby gets tired of hearing about every little ounce I lose. He's supportive and says 'yay' for me, but Im sure is getting a little bored with it all.
__________________
Micki k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
threenorns
 
Posts: n/a

Default

maybe for the meantime but watch how fast his interest picks up again once Carlos at the grocery store starts wiggling his eyebrows in your direction and flashing that cheezy Latin Lover grin....

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 26

Default

great job!!
HERMIONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
jessica2231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: huntington beach, ca
Posts: 905

S/C/G: 255/ticker/125

Height: 5' 8"

Default

great job!!!! its not juuuust 20lbs.... IT IS 20 FLIPPIN LBS!!!!! Great Job!!!!
__________________

Highest wt:255 Restart 8/01/2013 IT WORKS. IF YOU WORK IT.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Meka150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 216

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica2231 View Post
great job!!!! its not juuuust 20lbs.... IT IS 20 FLIPPIN LBS!!!!! Great Job!!!!
I totally agree i'm at 19 lbs and i'm around like its a 100.
Meka150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
erh12275's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 105

S/C/G: 229/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki k View Post
I'm so damn proud of myself. I know it's only 20 lbs, but it's the most I've ever lost, and the longest I've ever stuck to it. And there are so many NSV's that go along with 20lbs lost. I can wrap a towel around me. I can chase my 4 year old without getting winded. I can RUN up a flight of stairs. I can wear cute panties again! I enjoy exercise now. And my insomnia is all but gone. Food has become fuel instead of an obsession. And I don't feel deprived or hungry, just healthier.
I realized that I drive by 2 burger kings, a taco bell, a Wendy's, a McDonalds, a KFC, and a ton more places on the way home from work every night. A year ago I would have stopped at one of those places 9 nights out of ten. Today I don't even see them. I'm so proud of my 20lbs, and all the good things that have replaced them.
Happy Easter everyone!
Congrats. I hit 20 today...and could have wrote your post. Isn't it a great feeling?
__________________




Hoping to be at 170

One for every 5lbs lost:

Mini Goals:
Goal1: 5%-met 3/26/12
Goal2: 20lbs lost-4/12/12
Goal3:10%-206.1-4/21/12
Goal4:Out of 200's-5/11/12
Goal5:40lbs-189.4-
Goal6: 20%-183.2-
erh12275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
jessica2231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: huntington beach, ca
Posts: 905

S/C/G: 255/ticker/125

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Great job lovely!!!!!
__________________

Highest wt:255 Restart 8/01/2013 IT WORKS. IF YOU WORK IT.
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Support for the last 10-20lbs. runningfromfat 100 lb. Club 501 09-28-2012 08:57 AM
OCTOBER - One reason you will stay on plan today Sandi 100 lb. Club 144 10-30-2009 11:14 AM
20lbs to Go - Looking for a Buddy dietingagain22 Metabolic Research Center 202 10-06-2009 07:40 PM
March - One Reason I'm Staying on Plan Today Sandi 100 lb. Club 263 04-01-2008 02:01 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2