3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   NSV....They fit!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/253045-nsv-they-fit.html)

free1 02-17-2012 02:31 PM

NSV....They fit!!!

I have been SOOOO down lately because I just can't see any of the work I've been doing. As many of you know, I don't weigh myself and haven't in 7 months. I guess it would help but looking at the numbers really messes with my mental commitment. So, I decided to free myself. It works for me but I wouldn't recommend it because you never know where you are.

Everything looks the same on me, although my clothes keep getting bigger. When I look in the mirror though, I still see the same thighs, stomach (you know the rest). Mentally, I just don't see what my clothes are showing.

Well, I've gotten use to buying new professional black pants every couple of months. I buy them and they look great and then they get to big. I would be happy if the mirror reflected the same loss. So, I went today to buy yet another pair of black pants that fit and guess what....a 14 regular!!!!! For the first time in over 25 years, I am in a regular 14. Not the 14Ws but a regular 14.

Next, I tried on a pair of jeans. I have always worn a size 24. My legs are huge and while I fit size 22 pants, I always bought 24 jeans (and owned a pair of 26s). TODAY, I tried on 2 pairs of 16 regulars and they were TOO BIG. The saleslady asked to get me a 14. Of course, they didn't have one so I tried on another pair of 14 jean/pant thingies and THEY FIT!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to pat myself on the back. I'm updating my stats. Long way to go but I'm smiling today. Just wish someone would fix those mirrors :)

rachaelm 02-17-2012 02:55 PM

Wow, that is a GREAT NSV!!! You should pat yourself on the back, that's cool stuff.

NEMom 02-17-2012 03:11 PM

Congrats! Your hard work is really paying off.

xJox 02-17-2012 03:18 PM

That is fantastic!!! Keep up the good work. Something is obviously working for you!

alitorry 02-17-2012 07:19 PM

I bet you feel so great! Congrats on sticking to plan and making a difference :)

lcard 02-18-2012 11:28 PM

Buying smaller clothes feels great eh!! Congrats!!

Atkins loser STL 02-22-2012 09:54 PM

Yay!

I've been toying with the idea of buying a pair of "goal jeans", but as I'm so far from my goal it may be more discouraging than motivating. Maybe further along in my journey I'll try it. Nothing feels as good as trying something on and it's TOO BIG! Congrats!

roxybabay 02-22-2012 10:41 PM

Woohoo for smaller pants! Congrats, and keep up the great work!!!

jessica2231 02-23-2012 09:26 AM

wowo awesome job!!!!:carrot::carrot:

nu09 02-23-2012 12:06 PM

Congrats! And I totally agree with you about those mirrors ;)