Lovin' the surprises!!!

• Surprise #1...first (set of 3!) 15 minute miles!
    Surprise #2...two miles in 29 minutes!
    note: a year ago, it took half an hour and MANY stops to barely walk a mile!
    Surprise #3...since December 19 (yeah....over Christmas), I have lost a total of 25.4 pounds
    Surprise #4...that means i have lost right at 10% of my starting weight!!!
    Surprise #5...Tonight, I wore a skirt Mom gave me over a year ago that has NEVER fit
    Surprise #6....at work the other day, a coworker handed me a fleece jacket to try on....it fit. It was a LARGE!!! She said they run big, but even so, that would still be an XL....I am accustomed to wearing a 2X-3X.
    Surprise #7...When I started exercising, I was in a very tight 22W-24W in jeans. Back in the fall, I bought a couple pairs of jeans....they were 20W and they fit comfortably. I was SOOO proud. Well...now, they are loose enough to pull down without unbuttoning!!!
    AND....yesterday was 18 months since I had a cigarrette!!!!

Been an amazing week!
  • Wow! Fantastic! Good job!
    And a question.How did you quit smoking?
  • Wow, those are some great surprises! Congrats!
  • Awesome! great job on everything!!!
  • Thats great! Good for you!
  • Hooray!
    Congrats on acheiving so much! Keep it up :-)
  • Quote: Wow! Fantastic! Good job!
    And a question.How did you quit smoking?
    Simple...God did it. I tried and tried for a couple years. It was HORRIBLE. I was MEAN. I felt terrible. I craved cigarettes so bad that I thought I would die or inflict bodily harm on others. I threw out countless packs of cigs. I tried gum, patches, lozenges, prescription meds... None of it worked. I prayed and prayed and waited. I read online (my two favorite sites were whyquit.com and determinedtoquit.com). Then I tried some more. And prayed some more. Then, 8/9/10, He told me it was time to put them down. For good. So I put out the one I had lit, tossed the rest, threw out most of my ashtrays (kept a couple pretty ones), and I became a non-smoker. I had NO withdrawals, no stress, no anger, no hostility. It was like I had never lit the first one. A couple times, I had the thought of "I want a cigarette"...which was immediately followed by "what would I do with it? A non-smoker doesn't need a cigarette." and that was the end of that. I STILL haven't had any withdrawal symptoms. I still keep a little 3x5 card that says "NOPE....Not One Puff Ever" by my desk. It now seems so foreign to me that I had ever been a smoker. HE did the work. HE delivered me from it. I didn't have the power to...HE did...and HE gets the praise for it!