Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #1  
DanceDanceRevolution<3

S/C/G: 188/164/155

Height: 5'4"

Smile Just started exercising last week...lost 3 pounds!

I'm a size 14 and have been for about 5 or 6 years. When I weighed 155 pounds, I was STILL a size 14, but I looked and felt a LOT better. Right now, I'm usually a tight 14, sometimes a 16. When I weighed 155, I felt so good about myself. I was still "overweight," but I had a high self-esteem and I enjoyed going out with my friends. Now, I'm almost ashamed to go anywhere. Wherever I go, I feel like everyone is staring at me and thinking about how fat I look. I am not happy with myself. I have tried time and time again to lose weight, it I never stuck with my plan. This time, I decided to do it for health's sake. Type 2 diabetes runs in my family and I know that if I kept going on the path I was on, I would have gotten it eventually. I have been drinking lots of water, eating healthier, and exercising for 20-30 minutes, 5-6 times per week. After a little over one week, I stepped on the scale and was happy to see that I lost 3 pounds! As far as exercise, I have been playing Dance Dance Revolution. It's a GREAT workout and yes--it's a video game! Anyway, I have about 30 pounds left to go and I know I can do it. It's going to take some time.
cassieleighgotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #2  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I also use video games to exercise (Biggest Loser for the Wii along with Zumba 2). I have a similar story like yours. When I weighed 146 3 years go, I wore a size 11 jean. I have recently lost 20 pounds and am back to weighing 146, but this time I am a size 13 and A LOT flabbier then I was 3 years ago. It sucks! Good job with the weight loss and keep on going!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Great job!
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #4  
Just starting out

S/C/G: 204.5/195/150

Height: 5'5

that's really good! hope you stick with it. and hey, wii and kinect games can really make one sweat!
naffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/139/120

Height: 5'3.5"

I've used video games myself but then I lost my power cord sooo... >.> They were fun though, a nice change from the usual gym routine.

We had/have similar starting stats so I know what you mean. I'm around 165-ish and even though I'm still overweight, I feel better. You can do it, you've got this! =D
Nadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #6  
DanceDanceRevolution<3

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm feeling down lately. I haven't lost any more weight. I know it's only been a week since I lost 3 pounds, but I just hate waiting. I'm so depressed when I look in the mirror every day.

I'm so stressed because all I ever think about is how fat I am. I cry when I look in the mirror. And on top of all of that, I go to college full-time and have a part-time job.

Last edited by cassieleighgotto; 01-27-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #7  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

is this your second week of healthy eating and exercise? The first week I got into my routine, I lost weight fast. The second week, I WAS SO FRUSTRATED!! nothing happend! I cried too, cuz I felt I had worked so hard, diligently counting every calorie that went into my mouth. for what!? Then I just stuck to it and some weight came off again. I'm sure someone on here can explain why that happens, but whatever. It happens and then we move along again. So, keep the faith and determination and you'll get over this hump!
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #8  
DanceDanceRevolution<3

I'm on my third week. Hopefully I'll get over this hump soon. Maybe my body is just not used to me being healthy? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitorry View Post
is this your second week of healthy eating and exercise? The first week I got into my routine, I lost weight fast. The second week, I WAS SO FRUSTRATED!! nothing happend! I cried too, cuz I felt I had worked so hard, diligently counting every calorie that went into my mouth. for what!? Then I just stuck to it and some weight came off again. I'm sure someone on here can explain why that happens, but whatever. It happens and then we move along again. So, keep the faith and determination and you'll get over this hump!