Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Proof that a little splurge is NOT the end of the world...

My official "record my weight" day is Tuesday - today. I went on vacation from jan 6 - jan 9 and completely threw healthy eating out the window. It was ok though, I jumped right back into my routine on the 10th and didn't let the few off days derail me. This morning I am down 4 lbs. yes that is a large loss for one week, but considering I was up 1.6 after vacation, it's not completely unbelievable.

Just for a different view of how I've been losing and to show that this 4lbs is not an unhealthy loss...here are my weigh in stats for the last month:

12.27.2011 - 197lbs
1.3.2012 - 196.2lbs
1.10.2012 - 197.6lbs
1.17.2012 - 193lbs

We all read about the discouragement and feelings of failure after over eating or going off plan temporarily. I wanted to share that it's NOT and shouldn't be our triggers to give up. My title might be a little misleading also. I dont necessarily condone splurging but it's life. We can't avoid going "off plan" for all eternity. That is terribly unrealistic.

We can do this!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #2  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

congrats on your loss!! i wholeheartledly agree with you.

i have off days all the time- as long as you accept it, and get right back on the pony- it is okay i think this is a skill that will come really useful in maintenance in order to avoid unecessary gains!!
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #3  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

You're so right! This is something a lot of us needed to hear.
I'm glad you still lost weight while enjoyed yourself and in the end not feeling defeated is the reason why you suceeded! Woot Woot!
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks! I really felt strongly about pointing this out. I have personally let slip ups bring me down, gotten depressed about it and just overall said EFF IT. I really believe now that we can't avoid situations like this. It's part of life.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #5  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

Great insight! I also used to give up after spluegjng until my most recent decision to stuck with it-somehow it has all become clear to be this time around. Thank you for posting this weekend
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 AM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

This past Christmas was a huge test for me. I purposely ate off plan. Christmas is a huge food holiday in our family and I wanted to enjoy it. It's also the time of my birthday and my husband's birthday and because my mother in law who lives with us is Serbian orthdox, we have a January 7th Christmas too.... We had 8 parties and family holidays during the season and I baked a lot.

I didn't go crazy during that time, but I enjoyed and took part. I figured I would gain about 5-6 pounds, but so what? I can take those pounds off again - like my husband does every year. But.... I had never done it myself!

Well, one thing I didn't count on was the water gain I would have from increasing my carb intake so much. I gained 14.4 pounds in 17 days! But.... I then lost 8.4 pound in 7 days following it. It's been a week since the last of the holiday hoopla for our family and I weigh 5.8 pounds more than before the holidays..... So, I gained about what I thought I would gain and now I'm working it off.

I figured this was a good experiment in learning to live with taking care of my weight for the rest of my life. That crazy month will come every year and that is fine. I just need to be more vigilant after that time and get right back to it.... Which I am doing!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-17-2012 at 09:23 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #7  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Agreed!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote