Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #1  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Default My "skinny" jeans are too big :)

OMG.....sooooooo I'm getting frustrated with the scale. Cause I lift weights inches are moving but my weight sticks. I should just be accustom to it by now but it drives me crazy. 2 weeks straight at 196!!! Not a budge either way. It was depressing me so I thought....Oh I'm going to try on those "skinny jeans" I have.....

Now these skinny jeans are by no means skinny, haha they are a size 16, but NO stretch jean. I felt great in these jeans and they fit before I had my kids, it was the smallest I had been in a long time cause I was doing Atkins and had hit 205-210lbs. The jeans were my happy meidum and because they were no stretch I always used them to gage my weight....

So after I had my 2nd child I couldn't even get them up past my thighs I was so depressed cause I was up to 265lbs!

After my divorce and moving cities I dropped 20lbs to 245lbs like that and they fit again, REALLY TIGHT but fit and I would wear a loose sweater to cover my overlapping belly roll.

I haven't tried them on since last year. So I thought, ok lets just see they won't be TIGHT but I bet they will fit, cause heck they fit when I was around 205-210lbs.....

Well.....they are FALLING OFF! Loosey goosey everywhere, my butt, my legs, my waist. I had to hold them up so they wouldn't fall down! I WAS SHOCKED! Just floored, these were the jeans I thought would never be loose on me! Then I thought it HAS to be cause of lifting weights. I'm much leaner! I'm about 10-15lbs down from when they fit fine so for them to be soooo loose and falling off I must have less fat than I did before. It totally was my motivater to ignore the scale and keep going with my inches

Thanks for reading!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:41 AM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Congrats!!! You must feel wonderful about those jeans!! That is an AMAZING accomplishment!

As a fellow lifter, I know how you feel about the scale. It gets frustrating but you're doing the right thing by documenting your changes in pictures and clothes THAT is more important that the scale when you're doing heavy lifting!!

I had a point during my weight loss where I was stuck at the same weight for almost three weeks but lost 2 dress sizes! Crazy!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Thats awesome. Congrats to you!

I tend to shy away from the jeans with no stretch LOL.
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #4  
I choose me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
Congrats!!! You must feel wonderful about those jeans!! That is an AMAZING accomplishment!

As a fellow lifter, I know how you feel about the scale. It gets frustrating but you're doing the right thing by documenting your changes in pictures and clothes THAT is more important that the scale when you're doing heavy lifting!!

I had a point during my weight loss where I was stuck at the same weight for almost three weeks but lost 2 dress sizes! Crazy!
WOW that is crazy!! I hope that's what's happening to me too haha. I looked at your blog and WOW girl you are so TONED and such a cute figure. You give me hope about what weight lifting is doing for our bodies. The scale is so evil to me haha I think I have to stop weighing and just look at inches. The weight will follow right?
Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMe View Post
WOW that is crazy!! I hope that's what's happening to me too haha. I looked at your blog and WOW girl you are so TONED and such a cute figure. You give me hope about what weight lifting is doing for our bodies. The scale is so evil to me haha I think I have to stop weighing and just look at inches. The weight will follow right?
Aww thanks! I just posted new pictures actually a few minutes ago!

Weight lifting is AWESOME. I really love what it's doing for my body and yes, the weight will follow. Usually when I was stuck at a certain weight and losing inches it would be followed by a rapid drop. For example I was stuck at 146 pounds and went from a solid 8 to down to a 4/6. After that I dropped down to 141 pounds in a matter of days.

You are doing amazing!! Just measure yourself weekly and take pictures whenever you can. It's amazing how you can weigh the same but be a different size Size is what really matters in this case, right? After all nobody can tell what you weigh by looking at you!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #6  
No regrets

S/C/G: Fat/169/160

Height: 5'8

Congrars, i love when my skinny jeans no longer fit! Its truely an amazing feeling!
fitterchick160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 PM   #7  
I choose me...

Thanks girls! Well I just saw my trainer and today was my 2 months assessment. down 12lbs on the scale so I was upset but he did the calculations based on actual FAT LOSS, and I'm down 18.5lbs of FAT ALONE and have gained around 5lbs of lean muscle This made me feel so much better. Just goes to show the scale isn't always right especially when it comes to how much fat you really are losing! Yeahhhhh, forget the scale, so done with it!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 PM   #8  
Determined to lose 120lbs

S/C/G: 270/255/150

Height: 5ft 6 in

Skinny jeans, wow, you must be so proud of yourself!
blomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:32 AM   #9  
Herbivore :)

S/C/G: 276/146/129

Height: 5'3.5

That's so freaking amazing!!!! Congrats!

Similarly, I had a section of clothes "for when I lost weight" I pulled it out recently and was astonished to know that I had already surpassed the majority.
Rubiehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #10  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

You look fantastic in the new round of pics, so I'm not surprised at all that those jeans are falling off you! WTG girl!!!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:48 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

That is so awesome! congrats!
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

Grats!!! Got to love that! I had a simular thing when I lost weight before, clothes that I had put away to put on a garage sale came back out. I had thought I would never get into those again. Keep it up!
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #13  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

There you go girl!! That's awesome!!! So excited for you
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #14  
weight watching woman!

S/C/G: sw 253 cw 201.5 gw 154 mg 196

Height: 5foot6

that's great well done!!