NSV - Dreaded Booths, Small Spaces, and The Old Sizes

• The other day I went for drinks with a friend, and we went to a place that we used to go to every Friday night after work for food and drinks. I always requested the tables even if they were unconformable because of their high chairs and tiny little stools. I just didn't want to squeeze into the booths, and I really mean squeeze into them.

But this Friday was different! I was directed to the booths, and not just any booths but the booth that I knew didn't have any leeway, the booth was positioned between walls and so was the table! I didn't even say anything, and just sat down. And I sat down comfortably. In fact, the idea of me sitting down in the booth is bringing tears to my eyes because it was such an ordeal for me in the past.

While I'm on this subject of squeezing between small spaces, I've refused to ask for a position as a bartender at work, not because I wasn't prepared but because I couldn't squeeze through a small partition between the bar and the "bar area". I hadn't been able to fit through that space in a few years and often had to walk around instead of cutting through. Now, I find myself sliding through just because I can now. I know I have so far to go but just the idea of these small things keep me on track.

I also tried on a shirt size that I used to wear when I was first employed at my job 5 years ago. It fit, except for my boobs, but it fit! I'm only 29 pounds away from my second goal and I have never been more anxious to get there, but this time, I know I can get there.
  • Wonderful!!! I know the booth feeling all too well--I'm so proud of you!
  • Awesome! Good for you!
  • CONGRATS....Your commitment is paying off. Cheering you on to goal!
  • congrats!!
  • Good job! Congratulations!
  • Well done! I know what you mean about booths; that's a great NSV!
  • Booths make me nervous too. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • That's awesome! I'm also finding I can fit in booths comfortably! It's a great feeling to know you can sit anywhere!