Normal BMI! 60 pounds lost!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I hit this yesterday but I wanted to be sure it was for real. I weighed in at 140 pounds which for my height is a BMI of 24.8! This puts me just into the normal BMI range!

I also hit 60 pounds lost! Wow!

I'm really excited! I don't think I EVER have been a "normal" weight in my life!

Sometimes I feel like I'm still going to wake up and find out that this has all been a cruel dream, I never thought I would ever lose this weight.
  • Wow! Congrats. I bet you feel wonderful!!!
  • Congratulations! I hope to be where you are in a few months. Stories like yours help make it seem possible. I just got out of the obese BMI range...took me almost 2 years! I hope it doesn't take as long to get to the normal BMI range!

Congratulations!
  • That is awesome, congrats on all your hard work!! I hope to make this same post soon!
  • Congratulations!!!!!! That's got to be a wonderful feeling!
  • WOOHOO...Congrats on the major life victory and your commitment. This inspired me. The ladies in my sig are cheering for you.
  • WoW! Congrats! That is so amazing I know you are proud! Great job!
    I'm excited be making a similar claim eventually!
  • Yippeeee!!!!! Well your doing it, your there and your so much healthier since you began your new lifestyle change! Great job! So proud of you!
  • Congratulations!
  • I'm a bit envious of you =D...thats amazing. Congrats on all your hard work paying off. I'm curious as to how long it took you to reach a healthy bmi and what your plan was
  • Thank you SO MUCH everyone! I really wouldn't be here without the support of everyone here at 3FC. You all have kept me sane and on plan throughout the months since I joined

Quote: I'm a bit envious of you =D...thats amazing. Congrats on all your hard work paying off. I'm curious as to how long it took you to reach a healthy bmi and what your plan was
    Thank you, you have done amazing yourself! I saw your mini-goal post, you look awesome!

I've been a very active person since I was 16. I exercised frequently, doing cardio and strength training 5-6 times a week. This just helped me maintain my weight though as I didn't watch how much I ate.

I started losing weight the first time around in December 2010. In that month I lost 8 pounds from cutting my portions to get to 192 pounds. I didn't stick with it but I managed to maintain that loss before I started cutting my portions again on May 3, 2011. After a few weeks I did some research and began counting calories. After some trial and error I settled on eating 1200-1400 calories a day. I felt very comfortable there and never felt deprived.

For a couple of months I added jogging to the mix but I stopped when my knee began bothering me. I haven't been running since August, but I get quite enough cardio at the gym and I'd much rather up my strength training now.
  • Way to go!!!!! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations!
  • Good Job< !!!!
  • Woohoo! Congratulations!!!