3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Ideas for great mini goals - what worked for you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/245800-ideas-great-mini-goals-what-worked-you.html)

Rebecca8 10-24-2011 06:53 PM

Ideas for great mini goals - what worked for you?

First of all, congratulations to all of you posting on this board! You've done such a great job!

I am just starting with weight loss and have a lot (165) to lose. I'm very focused on my ultimate goal, but I want to set several mini-goals so I can have things to celebrate along the way. What have been some great mini goals for you? I'm interested in anything from weight increments to...anything!!

Thank you! :)

Lambiechop 10-24-2011 07:36 PM

For me it's been a combination of weight increments (20, 40, 60, etc.), percentages (% of starting weight), and momentous weights (graduation, trip, pre-baby, etc). These keep my mini-goals pretty frequent which in turn keeps me motivated because there is never a goal that is too far out of reach.

GoingForGold82 10-24-2011 08:33 PM

I am a vacation-minded person, so I say for your halfway goal (which is about 82 pounds for you) - you go on a weekend trip to wherever you find the cheapest airline tickets. Or...if with kids it would be too much, priceline a hotel nearby.

In fact, I hate shopping (except for Gold, jewelry, and perfume), so I'd much rather just go on a day trip every time I reached my goal to show off my new body. But if you like shopping, you can combine a trip with a new outfit :-)

Some other suggestions - new haircut, spa treatment, over the top date-night or going out with friends in nearest city. Maybe once you reach a certain weight, treat yourself to a one month membership with a gym that has classes you know you'll like or a personal trainer to give you a push along the journey.

Good luck Rebecca8 - you can get where you're going! And you have such a wonderful support system on this forum.

sunshine326 10-24-2011 08:37 PM

I had gained several pounds after my wedding and my favorite pants didn't fit well anymore. So I was so excited that after a week I could fit in them again. Small goals like that help a lot because even though the scale didn't show a big change, those pants fitting agai did and it keeps me motivated. I have found that although I miss my junk food I am so less bloating eating healthier and I don't get heart burn or upset stomach at night anymore. Sometimes writing some of this down helps. I hadn't set it as a mini goal but what a great accomplishment after the fact. Best of luck to you! Hope you hit one of your goals soon! And make sure you reward yourself, either take yourself and a friend to the movies, get a tattoo you always wanted, or those cute shoes you saw online!

Rebecca8 10-24-2011 10:46 PM

Thank you! I set weight-increment goals of ten pounds. Since I have so much to lose 5-pound increments just seemed too much, lol. I will also reward myself "big" for every 1/4 of weight lost. Then, I set some "I Can't Wait to Sees" for things like seeing my feet, getting into the 100s, etc. Thank you all so much for the ideas!

nevaeh1984 10-25-2011 01:05 AM

I'm doing percentages... waiting for 5% down on initial weight *ALMOST THERE* :cb:

I also set that when I lose those 5% I would buy myself some new things:gift:.

I've just lost 4.2% but I ordered the stuff online yesterday because I had to buy news pants last week because my old ones (US size 14) weren't fitting properly anymore. So I thought: Just go for it and be at 5% before you receive the stuff!!!

It'll take over a week for the stuff I ordered to get here, also, I ordered ONE SIZE DOWN, size 12! I think I'll need to lose 7% before those pants will actually fit me, as right now I'm half way between 14 and 12 I think. It's just extra motivation. I've found that along with losing weight, having a goal item to wear is nice (not something too small though, I like my mini goals to be monthly...:dizzy:)

treasureBelle 10-25-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambiechop (Post 4083410)
For me it's been a combination of weight increments (20, 40, 60, etc.), percentages (% of starting weight), and momentous weights (graduation, trip, pre-baby, etc). These keep my mini-goals pretty frequent which in turn keeps me motivated because there is never a goal that is too far out of reach.

Me too! :) (Bar pre-baby weight... I don't have any kids! :p )

My weight increments are usually half a stone (7lbs). Small enough to concentrate on, but 2 of them are big enough to make a difference.

At the moment, I'm aiming to get below 18 stone by Christmas. There are 8 and a bit weeks until Christmas, and I have about 5 lbs to lose to make that goal. (Whoops... to those who don't know, a stone is 14lbs.) It may not be a gargantuan weight to lose in that time, but I feel it's achievable.

I also aim to get into certain pieces of clothing.
Last month, I was going through my wardrobe and found a t-shirt that I hadn't worn for ages because I'd grown out of it. It now fits. :D
Now, my current clothes goal is to get into my black trousers the size down from what I'm wearing. I have them in my wardrobe, and tried them on a while ago; I could *just* about squeeze into them. Now that my current black trousers are getting baggy, I want to get into my smaller black trousers. The thighs have gone down well, it's just the stomach that's getting in the way!

Sunshine73 10-27-2011 01:03 PM

I have a large amount to lose and I can get completely overwhelmed thinking about the end number so I break it down by 5 lb increments. I don't have to lose 150 pounds - I just have to lose five. I can lose five pounds - that's easy enough to do. Then, I do it again and again. :)

Candi44 10-29-2011 08:25 PM

I am new here as well I decided to set mini goals like exiting the 300 then bye bye to the 290s ect... Good Luck to you