Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

Default 25 Pounds At A Time

I have set myself a goal of 25 pounds at a time. I have just over 100 pounds I would like to lose but will be happy with 25 at a time. I am excited to have found this site so I can be accountable to myself in a much more organized way.
Kayhlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

good luck!!! I just found the site too and so far there are tons of great info! I look forward to hearing about your progress!
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #3  

I am happy to say I met a major enemy yesterday and won. I work in the grocery industry and I had to be at a food show from 8 in the morning until 5 at night. I woke up an hour earlier than normal so I could go to the gym and get my workout in. I was careful about what I sampled at the food show, was careful what I had for lunch and was mindful of the samples I brought home with me. I am SO glad Fiber One and Flat Out were there in full force. I weigh every day, yes I know not everyone agrees. It works for me. I lost a pound from yesterday to today.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhlen View Post
I am happy to say I met a major enemy yesterday and won. I work in the grocery industry and I had to be at a food show from 8 in the morning until 5 at night. I woke up an hour earlier than normal so I could go to the gym and get my workout in. I was careful about what I sampled at the food show, was careful what I had for lunch and was mindful of the samples I brought home with me. I am SO glad Fiber One and Flat Out were there in full force. I weigh every day, yes I know not everyone agrees. It works for me. I lost a pound from yesterday to today.
I, too, weigh myself everyday. I have to know if I'm headed in the right direction. If there is a gain I can think back about yesterday and see what caused it and what I can do to change it for the next day.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/217/165

Height: 5.7

welcome
proudmommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryler832 View Post
I, too, weigh myself everyday. I have to know if I'm headed in the right direction. If there is a gain I can think back about yesterday and see what caused it and what I can do to change it for the next day.
Exactly! It helps me figure out what is working and what isn't. And if nothing changed from day to day, I don't sweat it. With the heat and hormones and everything else, I chalk it up to nature. If you wait 7 days between weigh ins, sometimes you have waited too long to figure out what might have caused that 2 pound gain or lack of loss or whatever. And that is when you really beat yourself up and shouldn't.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #7  

Thank you Proud Mommy!
Old 08-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #8  

Yesterday I won a battle of wills with myself. I was trying to figure out where to go to eat dinner, something hot and tasty. Then I logged on here and saw someone's success and was inspired to go to the gym instead of a restaurant. After the 5 miles on the treadmill and 10 on the bike, I came home and made an egg beater omelet and Ezekiel toast and was in bed (after a shower) by 9:30.

I woke up so refreshed I walked my dog this morning and by the time we returned home, we had covered 10 miles or so says my nike+ sensor. It is calibrated properly so I have to believe it. I plan on being at 253 when I wake up tomorrow. Baxter (the dog) is so exhausted but I went to the gym just a little while ago and got on the treadmill and bike - 3 and 5 miles respectively. I even got on the elliptical for 4 minutes just to try to beat the 3.5 minutes I did last time I tried it. I am going to try to extend my time on it each time I try it.

Monday is my official weekly weigh even though I weigh every day to keep myself focused. That will be 2 pounds this week. Kind of excited to go to bed so I can wake up and weigh! Once I hit my 25 pound goal, I will go shopping for something smaller to work towards.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 350/299/190

Height: 6'2"

I've been setting my goals at 50lbs at a time. I've lost 51lbs so far so I'm starting my new 50lb weight loss goal. I started at 350lbs and now weight 299. I started a blog to keep track of my success at 350pounds.net

Keep up the great work.
350pounds is offline   Reply With Quote