3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   25 Pounds At A Time (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/241537-25-pounds-time.html)

Kayhlen 08-23-2011 02:36 PM

25 Pounds At A Time

I have set myself a goal of 25 pounds at a time. I have just over 100 pounds I would like to lose but will be happy with 25 at a time. I am excited to have found this site so I can be accountable to myself in a much more organized way.

kelly585 08-23-2011 02:43 PM

good luck!!! I just found the site too and so far there are tons of great info! I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Kayhlen 08-25-2011 06:09 PM

I am happy to say I met a major enemy yesterday and won. I work in the grocery industry and I had to be at a food show from 8 in the morning until 5 at night. I woke up an hour earlier than normal so I could go to the gym and get my workout in. I was careful about what I sampled at the food show, was careful what I had for lunch and was mindful of the samples I brought home with me. I am SO glad Fiber One and Flat Out were there in full force. I weigh every day, yes I know not everyone agrees. It works for me. I lost a pound from yesterday to today.

Ryler832 08-25-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayhlen (Post 4006991)
I am happy to say I met a major enemy yesterday and won. I work in the grocery industry and I had to be at a food show from 8 in the morning until 5 at night. I woke up an hour earlier than normal so I could go to the gym and get my workout in. I was careful about what I sampled at the food show, was careful what I had for lunch and was mindful of the samples I brought home with me. I am SO glad Fiber One and Flat Out were there in full force. I weigh every day, yes I know not everyone agrees. It works for me. I lost a pound from yesterday to today.

I, too, weigh myself everyday. I have to know if I'm headed in the right direction. If there is a gain I can think back about yesterday and see what caused it and what I can do to change it for the next day.

proudmommy09 08-25-2011 09:51 PM

welcome

Kayhlen 08-26-2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryler832 (Post 4007006)
I, too, weigh myself everyday. I have to know if I'm headed in the right direction. If there is a gain I can think back about yesterday and see what caused it and what I can do to change it for the next day.

Exactly! It helps me figure out what is working and what isn't. And if nothing changed from day to day, I don't sweat it. With the heat and hormones and everything else, I chalk it up to nature. If you wait 7 days between weigh ins, sometimes you have waited too long to figure out what might have caused that 2 pound gain or lack of loss or whatever. And that is when you really beat yourself up and shouldn't.

Kayhlen 08-26-2011 10:48 AM

Thank you Proud Mommy!

Kayhlen 08-28-2011 03:40 PM

Yesterday I won a battle of wills with myself. I was trying to figure out where to go to eat dinner, something hot and tasty. Then I logged on here and saw someone's success and was inspired to go to the gym instead of a restaurant. After the 5 miles on the treadmill and 10 on the bike, I came home and made an egg beater omelet and Ezekiel toast and was in bed (after a shower) by 9:30.

I woke up so refreshed I walked my dog this morning and by the time we returned home, we had covered 10 miles or so says my nike+ sensor. It is calibrated properly so I have to believe it. I plan on being at 253 when I wake up tomorrow. Baxter (the dog) is so exhausted but I went to the gym just a little while ago and got on the treadmill and bike - 3 and 5 miles respectively. I even got on the elliptical for 4 minutes just to try to beat the 3.5 minutes I did last time I tried it. I am going to try to extend my time on it each time I try it.

Monday is my official weekly weigh even though I weigh every day to keep myself focused. That will be 2 pounds this week. Kind of excited to go to bed so I can wake up and weigh! Once I hit my 25 pound goal, I will go shopping for something smaller to work towards.

350pounds 08-29-2011 12:49 PM

I've been setting my goals at 50lbs at a time. I've lost 51lbs so far so I'm starting my new 50lb weight loss goal. I started at 350lbs and now weight 299. I started a blog to keep track of my success at 350pounds.net

Keep up the great work.