Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-17-2011, 03:52 AM   #1  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Default NSV: Running with my Grandma <3

My best friend couldn't work out with me as usual, since she was sick tonight. Normally we go on a brisk walk for an hour on our walking nights, with a few brief jogging intervals. I've been feeling like I could jog longer and maybe even run a little for awhile now, but I felt bad leaving my friend behind, so I've stuck with her. Tonight, I needed to get some emotions out--I had just come from visiting my grandpa, who's been very depressed since my grandma's death almost 3 months ago. I should mention, we were very close, and she was my biggest weight loss cheerleader. I still talk to her all the time, and I feel her presence in nature very strongly, particularly in a certain star--I can always find her. I just know it's her--does anyone know what I mean? Anyway, it was beautiful out, the perfect weather. The sky looked amazing with clouds covering most of it and the moon breaking through. I just felt like I needed speed, so I jogged for half of my walk, and then, it happened. I looked up and saw my grandma's star shining through the clouds--the only star in the sky. I flew. I ran faster than I have ever run in my entire life. It was amazing...and I left some of my pain on the pavement and came home in a better frame of mind. I miss you so much Grandma, but I know you're still cheering me on!

Last edited by rainydays; 08-17-2011 at 04:08 AM. Reason: "ran" to "run" whoops!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

awh. That is so sweet.
KaeBae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

You made me tear up. My gram passed away in Sept of 07 and not only was she my grandmother but my best friend too. Every time I see a Hummingbird I know she is with me and supporting me.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #4  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

You brought tears to my eyes. You know she's with you xoxo that's amazing she's still your biggest cheerleader. Such a gift!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

I totally understand what you are saying... and made me feel a bit teary reading it. Our inspiration can come from anywhere/anyone... and you have your grandmother as yours for your big milestone!!!! Great job!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Wow that was really sweet. I'm all teary-eyed typing this now. She's still your cheerleader.
neek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

I can relate to this. My mom died a few years ago and she was my best friend...best everything. Whenever I feel like I can't run another minute, I hear her in my head, cheering me on. It makes me continue. Your grandma is with you and will be always.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #8  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Thank you all so much! I got teary eyed reading your responses, so I guess we're even

Lauralyn That's wonderful! Hummingbirds are so beautiful

Fitmom That's awesome that you can hear your mom cheering you on

Thank you again everyone, I'm glad you could relate!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote