Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #1  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Default NSV: Fit into a dress from a looonnng time ago!

Somewhat of a NSV victory here, but I've reached a mini goal of mine

I have lovely dress I wore for my first dance in high school. I wore it once and have never been able to fit into it again. When I began losing weight, I made it a mini goal of mine to fit into this dress again. Well after weeks of trying it on and having trouble getting it off and/or breathing in it, I tried it on today and it fit! Perfectly! Not only could I get it on and off with ease, but I looked better in it than I did in high school!

The dress is a size 11 and I literally have not been able to wear it for almost 9 years!

I really felt like crying out of happiness I never thought I would fit into this dress again.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #2  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

That is awesome congrats on the achievement.

I wish I'd saved my old stuff, but I havent...
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #3  
HijabiMommaBear

S/C/G: 335/ticker/316

Height: 5' 8"

that is so awesome!
jessica2231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #4  
Leveling Up

Thanks Everyone!

Philana I'm such a packrat, haha. That's the only reason why I have anything from such a long time ago. I'm lucky though, otherwise I might have to go shopping for new clothes! :x
Old 08-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Congratulations!! I also kept a dress from a loooooong time ago, but I am nowhere near ready to try it on yet. It'll be there waiting until that day though!

I completely understand almost crying because your dress fits. I started crying lest week when a scrub top that hadn't fit me in a couple years just slid right on. It's PROOF! We all need that proof that those numbers going down on the scale are making a real, tangible difference in our bodies!

Keep up the good work!
snorkelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #6  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Congrats!!!! That is huge!!!! So happy for you!!!! I just got into a pair of pants that I haven't gotten into since my medical issues (about a year and a half ago) and have no muffin top in them (like when I used to wear them)... so know that feeling of being elated! I think sometimes the NSV goals are way more gratifying than the scale! Be proud and enjoy cloud 10!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #7  

Height: 5'10"

Way to go! That is exciting!
FutureFitMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #8  
yehaw!!

S/C/G: 220/166/150

Height: 5'3

I have an outfit from when I was 19. It is a really funky club outfit. I wore it out with a bunch of girlfriends to a club. I felt so super hot that night. I have kept the outfit for almost 10 years and haven't fit in it for 8 of them. Its a size 8. My nsv goal is too fit in my funky club outfit and go out.... I figure it should fit shortly before I hit 150. I have it tacked to the wall in my closet so everytime I go threw my clothes I see it.
brillmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #9  
Leveling Up

Thank you everyone! I'm SO excited to fit into this dress again... unfortunately I have no reason to wear it! It's MUCH to fancy to just wear around

snorkelmom - Yes! fitting into old clothes REALLY helps. It's so easy to buy new clothes and just think "oh, maybe it just runs really big..." but you REALLY see it when old clothes from forever ago fit again. THOSE numbers can't lie! I can't wait to see you posting here when you fit into that dress!

ItsMyTurn - Congrats on fitting into your pants! I agree, I think NSV victories are much, much more satisfying. I REALLY see my weight loss when clothes that were tight on me are now too big, or when I fit into something like this dress.

brillmama2 - I also can't wait to see you here posting about fitting into that outfit! Good luck!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #10  
Reawakening ♥

S/C/G: 173/156/115

Height: 5'1"

Awww! That is so cool!! Congratulations!!
TammyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Awesome work!!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote