Starting today

• Today is my first day on 3fatchicks and the first day of my diet. I weighed myself today and was horrified at the number that showed on the scale. My heaviest ever.
    Last August I was 7 months pregnant and my husband had to leave the country. I set out a goal that after my pregnancy I would go on a diet and by the time my husband returns I would be looking my best ever. When my pregnancy ended I was horribly depressed over my husband not being here. I breastfed and was thrilled to lose all my pregnancy weight plus 6 pounds. However, at one month old, my son was hospitalized and, for medical reasons was no longer able to breast feed. Spending 3 weeks at the hospital with him I gained all the weight I had lost immediately. Since then I have been gaining weight at a rate I find alarming. It's really frustrating, because my sister and her bf live here too, and her boyfriend eats horribly and is a toothpick. I eat much less than he does and can't seem to stop gaining weight. My self esteem is at an all time low. I can't even go grocery shopping without feeling self conscious about my weight (and my clothes, as I have a pretty small wardrobe as a result of my wight gain). My friends have dwindled down to nearly none so I have almost no support in that field.
    I'm still waiting for my husband to be able to come home. I really want to achieve my goals before the next time we are together. Especially since I may be visiting him before he can visit me, and he lives on a Caribbean island! I'm hoping that support from this website will help me reach my goals and surprise both myself, and my husband.
  • Welcome and good luck!
    There is so much support here from all of the wonderful members! Look around and make yourself cozy!!
    I'm truely blessed to find this site!!
  • You must be a very strong woman to go through all of that, so I know you can lose the weight!
  • welcome! You can do it! The first day is always the hardest...after that its all down hill.
  • You can do it!! You have all of our support here in the forums! Just take it one day at a time! and the best advice I was given, don't freak out too much if you have an off day. Just exercise a little more the next day.
  • Welcome!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm already feeling more encouraged to stick to it!